This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Johnson Controls is currently recruiting an Engineering Manager to support our Water Suppression systems. This position is located in Cranston, RI, this site is the home of our state the art R&D center.
The Manager will manage Engineers and Designers for the development of new products, improvement to existing products, and technical support.
Provide personal and professional development support to engineers and designers.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within the area(s) of assigned responsibility, directly or through subordinates.
* Interfaces with sales, marketing, and management to establish specific goals in support of company business, for both new product development
* Makes specific personnel assignments to support completion of programs, e.g. technical studies, preparation of specifications and technical plans, product design, and testing, etc.
* Ensures product conformance to sound engineering principles and practice, applicable industry, government, and customer requirements and related specifications, demonstrates same by detailed analysis and/or test as required.
* Ensures manufacturing has complete, accurate, and up-to-date information regarding product.
* Keeps abreast of the latest technology developments to ensure the company sees available opportunities for technical improvements in products and services, and/or cost reductions.
* Evaluates and approves proposed design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
* Evaluates tools and techniques for applicability to engineering department function, makes recommendations and justifies expenditures for tools, equipment and training to improve department operation and efficiency, e.g. computer hardware/software, test equipment, and personnel training.
* Assists Director Engineering in preparation of department budgets, and controls expenditures within budget limits.
* Prepares and presents periodic progress and special reports as required.
* Interfaces with and supports all other departments as required.
* Ensures compliance with all procedures for department organization, training and functions. Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
* Develop, implement and maintain formalized project scheduling and control procedures for Engineering projects.
* Be responsible for assuring full definition of all projects within area of responsibility.
* Lead overall product development projects as assigned, coordinating all company efforts to commercialize the product.
* Report project development progress in regular weekly reports and other reports as required.
* Perform the duties of development or project engineer on some projects.
* Assist engineers in improvement of professional capabilities and in career development.
* Provide the initiative for engineers and designers to stay up to date and employ new technologies wherever possible.
* Act as primary contact with approval agencies and react to all proposed changes and requests for comments. Provide on-going liaison with UL, FM, and other approval agencies.
* Work with Supervisor, Mechanical Technicians to schedule, report and efficiently utilize
* Assist Director Engineering in overall coordination and management of Engineering activities.
#external THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
Bachelors Degree with 5 years minimum with related Fire Protection Products fields.
Masters Degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Professional Engineering in Fire Protection Engineering preferred.
*Fire experience preferred not a must*