This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the Engineering team in the execution of a variety of projects ranging from continuous improvement of existing products to the development and implementation of new components, processes and products; both aluminum, and composite.
* Supervise and lead design and project Engineering team of 6-8 direct report.
* Train, and mentor other Engineers and supporting staff.
* Prepare performance reviews and solve internal issues
* Support the preparation of budgets and develop cost estimates for specific projects
* Manage day to day projects within the engineering department
* Oversee engineering design group
* Develop and manage timelines to ensure timely completion
* Develop & implement Engineering processes (change management, APQP, etc.)
* Ensure APQP compliance during engineering development activities
* Work with mold shop to manage tooling timelines for internal programs
* Contribute during mold shop business unit budgeting and planning meetings
* Obtain access to trucks and OE CAD data via various avenues including SEMA and direct contact with OEM representatives
* Chair Product Development Team (PDT) meetings
* Work with Fleet Sales on current and new customer requirements
* Cross functional team membership and leadership (e.g. JBPCO, Fleet Sales, Manufacturing, Plant Quality, etc.)
* Work with Sales & Marketing to prepare for industry trade shows
* Benchmark competitor's products
* Evaluate new product ideas
* Help develop Capital Expenditure Requests
* Interface with customers to obtain technical requirements
* Work with Mold Shop to establish mold estimates & timing for customer RFQs
* Define scope of projects, including Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing, Sales, etc.
* Drive continuous process improvement
* Plan and implement project, shop, and test activities per internal and external customer requirements.
* Participate in all phases of product development from conceptualization to design validation and product/process validation
* Proactively engage Operations team during construction of validation units.
* Drive the development of work instructions for new products to ensure quality
* Manage Engineering Change process (ECRs, ECNs & ECOs)
* Carry out cross-functional assignments and projects as necessary
* Support safety initiatives, policies and procedures to ensure plant operations are safe and consistent with company standards and help reduce accidents and injuries.
* Exemplifies and fosters teamwork within the company. Promptly responds to concerns, issues, and suggestions and acts to ensure positive employee relations.
Position requires a BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with strong project management skills as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be a self-starter capable of working both independently, as well as part of a team. Proficiency with Solidworks and understanding of Product Data Management systems and workflow a plus. Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities, giving and receiving feedback, while supporting efforts to succeed. Working knowledge of fiberglass manufacturing would be a plus along with project experience in the automotive, OEM and aftermarket industry.