Engineering Manager - Fairfield, OH 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CORPORATE OVERVIEW:
HUBBELL INCORPORATED is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Currently, CMC (a division of Hubbell, Inc.) has an opening in their Fairfield, Ohio facility for an experienced Engineering Manager.
The Engineering Manager is responsible directly supervises employees in the Engineering Group. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and corrective action as needed; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Lead the initiatives for the NPD process and ensure design control for all CMC products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all UL and CSA files.
* Responsible for supervision and coordination of all test lab projects.
* Provide testing product design and product quotes for customers.
* Work with customer engineering groups in the development of new or revised product concepts and applications.
* Travel as required to fulfill other job responsibilities.
* Responsible for the maintenance of the Lab Quality manual and procedures, under Guide 17025 audits by UL or CSA inspectors.
* Establish documentation for material identification, inspection of operations, plating inspection, nonconforming identification, rework procedure, design control, drawing convention, quote and tooling requirements..
* Ensures design approval process and other engineering documentation are released design standards.
* Develop annual budgets and expenditures and monitor expenses throughout the year.
* Maintains specifications and formulates drawing format policies for CMC branded product.
* Mange engineering department personal including goal development and performance criteria.
* Maintains an active NPD process per HEC defined procedures.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S. Engineering preferred but not required) from a four-year college or university.
* Five plus years of related experience and/or training.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.