This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGINEERING MANAGER - DESIGN SERVICES
Leading Facilities and Maintenance Service Provider seeks an experienced DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER for our Houston facility to manage our design engineering services and team. WE NEED AN EXPERIENCED ENGINEERING MANAGER WHO HAS SOLID DESIGN EXPERIENCE AND IS USED TO MANAGING A TEAM OF AT LEAST 15 DESIGN ENGINEERS. We are looking for an individual with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
_SORRY, NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE._
_DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR _
* A desire to grow professionally and personally
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning & organizing skills, decision making, time management, social perceptiveness, communication, and influencing skills
* Able to perform effective leadership presentations to clients, negotiate, delegate, adapt to a team environment and tolerate stress
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all design engineering services including managing a staff of 15+ design engineers. In addition to having a strong design and management background, you must be familiar with configuration control, MS Project and MicroStation in order to be effective in this position. This is a key role within our organization and reports directly to the Program Manager.
* Ensure that all Design and Estimate Packages meet the customers' requirements
* Communicate effectively with the client technical team on their requirements and how solutions meet or exceed those specifications
* Challenge the engineers on their options, solutions and deliverables
* Ensure that engineering scope of work for each project is understood by all parties and responsible for its delivery
* Have advanced technical competence and the ability to manage the designs, understand the clients design engineering practices and effectively move several complex projects forward, such as existing building structures, pressure equipment units, boilers, chillers, mechanical and electrical devices, natural gas systems, HVAC Systems and substations
* Lead the team and expert staff in interpreting technical requirements, managing associated risk, and completing technical studies and design reviews
* Ensure safe, environmentally secure, LEED compliant and efficient designs
* Ensure teams are implementing and achieving process improvement and design standardization objectives (e.g. structured design process)
* Maintain consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation procedures and reporting capabilities
* Plan and direct all specialized engineers working on specific projects and familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures, and oversee engineering solutions to ensure compliance with the project plan
* Make recommendations and decisions on human resources actions
* Identifies and creates technical training and development plans
* Maintain configuration control of all drawings and GIS engineering software and accuracy
* Facilitate project design reviews, internal reviews and meetings while assisting the customer with schedule updates, estimates to complete, and monthly reports
* Contribute on proposals and client presentations to assist program manager with client development activities
* Able to support projects through construction
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred or Electrical)
REQUIRED - Registered Professional Engineer, preferably in Texas
Minimum of 5 years' experience in design engineering management with experience managing a minimum of 15 design engineers
Adept at managing projects related to complex facilities and infrastructure
* Solid engineering design and project management background
* Project Management experience should include existing building structures, pressure equipment units, boilers, chillers, mechanical and electrical devices, natural gas systems, HVAC Systems and substations
Strong background with configuration control, MicroStation and MS Project
* Must have advanced technical competence to manage the
designs and effectively move several complex projects forward
* $120-135K depending on experience
* Competitive and comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401K and the like
If you are an ideal candidate for our DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER who is interested in joining a dynamic, growing team and meet the above referenced requirements, please apply now with a Word version of your resume.