This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
Job Summary: This position is responsible for managing the Engineering Department at GKN Aerospace Newington, LLC (GANE). It will establish, describe and improve manufacturing procedures for all products manufactured, in order to ensure company compliance with customer technical requirements and product goals. Key Responsibilities
* Leads the team by example in all HSE related initiatives and events.
* Directly responsible for managing process development, documentation and improvement of the Engineering department including managing the designing, development, and testing for recommended manufacturing methods.
* Standardize and improve engineering processes and methods in order to:
* Reduce cost of poor quality.
* Achieve business goals on production hours per product.
* Reduce lead time for NPI and process changes.
* Owns corrective actions for nonconformance root causes:
* Implementation before process continues.
* The corrective actions can be short term and followed by a long term.
* Manage product changes in order to ensure technical fulfillment and customer satisfaction.
* Coordinate with Sales to ensure accuracy of quote by providing engineering technical input data to Commercial (hours per operation and NRE costs).
* Act as Engineering Management Representative, reporting to top management on the performance of the engineering programs, as well as communications with internal / external parties related to these areas.
* Develops implements and enforces policies, procedures and systems that improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
* Develops and maintains a team of motivated, productive, and positive employees by selecting, training, coaching, counseling, and taking appropriate corrective action.
* Responsible to ensure all technical descriptions for production meet quality requirements and customer satisfaction.
* Support other business areas with their activities in meeting companywide objectives.
* Drives New Product Introductions from Contract review to Delivery.
* Participates in SIOP process and make/buy decision.
* All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Required GANE Core Competencies & Behaviors:
* Business Understanding
* Quality Advocate
Required Specific Competencies/Skills:
* Lean Manufacturing
* Environmental Health & Safety
* Project Management
* Product Cost/Financial Analysis
* Customer Focus
* Managing Diversity
* Priority Setting
* Developing Direct Reports & Others
* Integrity & Trust
* Fairness to Direct Reports
* Directing Others
* Learning on the Fly
* Self Development
Required Minimum Education:
* Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering / related field, or a demonstrated combination of equivalent education and experience.
Required Minimum Experience:
* 7+ years experience in an engineering role in the aerospace industry with thorough engineering knowledge of aviation manufacturing industry requirements.
* 3+ years proven managerial skills and leadership experience, with ability to manage others.
* Strong computer skills (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel).
* Strong engineering technology knowledge (CAD/CAM) with ability to review and approve drawings, models and programs.
* Proven ability to manage manufacturing technologies, projects, and configuration control.
* Experience managing products and processes in an ISO quality system environment.
* Ability to see the big picture and help implement the companies strategy as a team player.
* Proven ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization.
* High energy, with a focus on driving end state results.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects/issues and stay focused.
* An energetic forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical and work standards.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
GKN Aerospace Newington, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)