Engineering Manager/Project Manager - Functional Test Design
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
About The Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions' Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
About the Role
Join our industry-leading product development team as a key team and business leader. You will be utilizing your manufacturing test development (design) experience, your business savvy and your team leadership skills to ensure that Plexus' team of Test Development engineers is highly skilled, is using the latest technology and is following Lean development processes to exceed customer expectations. You will be responsible for all aspects of team leadership and development: Recruiting, career development, assignment to project roles, and advancing individual and group technical processes capabilities. You will also manage customer-facing product development projects. A great role to launch your leadership career at Plexus.
* Customer Service Excellence: Lead with empathy and advocacy for internal and external customers.
* Acquire and develop great talent aligned to business need and strategic capabilities growth.
* Provide effective career coaching and mentorship. Proactively identify growth opportunities to advance the careers of employees within Plexus.
* Identify and develop leaders to ensure healthy leadership succession.
* Build high performing project and functional teams, leveraging resources across multiple design centers.
* Manage functional and project team performance: Set appropriate goals and objectives, effectively performance to goals, provide timely feedback.
* Quality leadership: Ensure compliance to quality system and continuous improvement of Plexus processes and delivered quality.
* Instill and reinforce the Plexus culture by fostering positive change and strong relationships with global peers.
* Drive business development through leadership of customer contacts/engagements and communication of the Plexus brand and strategy.
* Collaborate with other design centers and business units to contribute to higher level Plexus success through leveraging of capabilities across sites.
* As a project manager, ensure effective quoting of project work, effective execution of customer deliverables, and project financial health.
* Manage resources and costs effectively balancing the needs of the employee, the customer and Plexus.
* Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated ~25%)
Skills & Abilities
* Possesses an understanding of product requirements and techniques (compliance, regulatory, verification reliability, etc.)
* Possess an overall understanding of the product development and product realization processes
* Possess good management skills and knowledge of management principles
* Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
* Possess strong organizational, presentation, and leadership skills
* Possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field is required for this position.
* Industry experience of 5 years is required for this position, including 2 years of Project Management experience, and 2 years of experience in product development services or similar industry, is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!