This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMANAGER OF ENGINEERING
The Manager of Engineering leads an organization of technical managers, responsible for the successful delivery of operational and strategic projects to ensure that production equipment, processes, facilities and utilities meet the needs of the business in terms of cost, capacity, compliance and product innovation. Responsible for managing and developing engineering capability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES through project coordination meetings and other means, tracks progress against project schedules and budgets
* Assures that all engineering capital projects are implemented in accordance with quality, cGMP and HSE guidelines
* Lead all areas within the site in designing, preparing and continually improving the Strat Plan
* Ensures the technical readiness all new product launches awarded to the factory. Collaborates with the production units in providing the best industrialization solution in terms of cost and service.
* Assures that all engineering capital projects guidelines are followed; ensures projects are implemented in accordance with purchasing, RFP and contracting procedures.
* Reviews reports and assists in resolution of problems arising during projects execution; authorizes or recommends change orders and claims resolution
* Monitors engineering aspects of facility start-ups; ensures project start-up plans and required documentation are completed and coordinated with Operations and Maintenance Departments
* Responsible for the delivery of the sites' sustainability targets and KPIs (energy reduction, waste reduction, water consumption)
* Supervises plant maintenance personnel of utilities, facility and spare parts storage
* Collaborates with the production maintenance teams in improving the overall reliability and cost efficiency of equipment
* Oversees preventative maintenance compliance and effectiveness and establishes and maintains the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
* Enforces the safety program for the maintenance department to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians
* Responsible for the site HSE program, overseeing the development and deployment of HSE standards, systems and tools across the site. Drives a strong site safety culture with a 'hands-on' approach; ensures that safety standards are maintained
* Responsible for site-wide adherence to all statutory HSE requirements
* Responsible for the delivery of the site's HSE KPIs
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & CAPABILITIES
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering. Master's degree desirable.
* 10+ years of experience in engineering within the consumer goods similar industries
* Must have worked in manufacturing environment and demonstrate a practical working knowledge of LEAN principles and tools.
* Strong background in Project Management and Capex Management
* Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
* TPM based maintenance systems.