Engineering Manager - Vertical Axis aAesthetics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a TOP & FRONT PANEL MODULE LEADER opening to join our VA AESTHETICS Organization.
This includes the execution globally for these areas to achieve attribute targets for product leadership. This role will support both Washer and Dryer projects.
Optimization/Standardization of the components and processes across architectures within a platform as well as collaboration across platforms.
Development and maintenance of knowledge within module.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Manages engineering team/resources to ensure development and execution of Sub-System Modules on schedule and at required performance levels.
* Delivers cost and quality targets
* Owns all engineering releases within module (components)
* Develops module/technology roadmap to support Product Plans and attainment of Attribute targets
* Defines, develops and captures knowledge required to deliver module level excellence
* Aligns Current capability of architecture/supplier/manufacturing/customer solutions to meet attribute targets (Project KPIs). Determine which current architecture/supplier/manufacturing/customer solutions are NOT capable of meeting attribute targets with current knowledge
* Develops technical talent to ensure we have the right capabilities and skills to create the technical solutions that will enable product leadership.
* Subsystem development according to planned milestones and project gates
* Knowledge capture (incl spec's and FMEA, DVP base design doc's)
* Subsystem engineer capability
* Module level resourcing
* Module development and execution processes
* Strategic roadmapping at module and enabling technology level
* Module level cross-functional cost, quality and performance tradeoffs
* Component prioritization
* Manage module development vs. knowledge creation and capture prioritization
* module level resource prioritization
* Product Leadership Criteria, Project Delivery (Quality, Cost, Schedule), Architecture Reduction, People Excellence
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelors of Science in Engineering
* 10+ years Product Engineering & Technical experience
* Demonstrated People Leadership capability
* Excellent developer of technical and managerial talent
* Proven Development and Execution experience in multi-part assemblies for high volume manufacturing
* Strong understanding of manufacturing processes (metal forming, plastic injection molding, assembly)
* Lean PD, OPEX, Design for Safety/Reliability
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.