This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW:
The Engineering Manager is responsible to plan, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
* Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
* Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
* Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget.
* Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new products or processes.
* Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
* Negotiates contracts with consulting firms to perform research or other applicable studies or support.
* Uses Poka Yoke techniques to reduce/eliminate operator errors.
* Preparation or modification of reports, specifications, graphs, traffic impact studies, permits and designs for projects.
* Use computer assisted engineering and design software/equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
* 5-10 working experience preferably automotive environment.
* Working knowledge and understanding of Engineering software.
Knowledge of computer aided software.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.