Engineering & Safety, Senior Manager / Theme Park 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Career Choice, Inc. an Executive Search Firm in the hospitality industry and all about communication and relationships!
We open the door to new relationships in line with your career desires we listen to your career plans, expectations, goals and direction. Then we discuss the career opportunities that fit your criteria.
What we look for . . . Top Talent Players that are strategic in their approach to career growth with a solid track record.
In the information age, it is people that still run the business. Let's use communication to build that relationship, because it is about people and it starts with you and me.
OUR CURRENT SEARCH
POSITION: Engineering & Safety, Senior Manager
LOCATION: Orlando, Florida
SALARY: 136K plus Full Benefits, 401K and perks
CLIENT COMPANY DETAILS
Our client is based in the theme park and resort capital of the world, Orlando, FL. It is home base for the design and development of all the resort and themed entertainment projects globally. This is an exciting time for growth
The team is an eclectic group of talented people in Product Design, Animation, Engineering, Film and TV Production, Toy Design, Financial Planning, Construction, Architecture, Law, Business, and Theatre Design, to name a few.
To be successful they rely on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity - that do not let ego and area stand in the way of excellence and creativity.
DOES THIS SOUND INTERESTING TO YOU Read on . . . Then call us.
* Key technical contributor for development activities.
* Responsible for the technical support and development of Scope of Work packages, design, production, installation, and acceptance testing of Show and Ride systems.
* May manage Technical Managers, Engineering Managers, Engineers, Associate Engineers, and Technical Coordinators.
* Systems may include, Special Effects, Projection, Set/Scenic, Props, Show Action Equipment, Animated Figures, Ride Mechanical Systems, and related Control Systems.
* Enforcement of technical requirements, acting as a technical interface to outside design and production entities,
* Provide technical input and direction to project risk management / risk reduction activities, and other such tasks as defined by Project or S/R Engineering management.
* Ensure all Show and Ride equipment maintains the highest level of safety in accordance with accepted manufacturing practices and local codes and standards, both directly and through Engineers and other technical personnel managed.
* Provide technical guidance and mentoring as required to Show and Ride Engineering Managers (Ems), Responsible Engineers (Res), and/or project Technical Managers (TMs) throughout project and core assignments.
* Oversee all technical interaction with attraction Engineering personnel, Vendors, Sub-contractors, and relevant 3rd parties involved with Show and Ride systems.
* Enforce Show and Ride technical and safety principles to provide a quality product and necessary deliverables to our customer.
* Develop an open working relationship with the facility team and specialty and general contractor(s) to ensure a clear line of communication regarding installation, test, and adjust activities.
* Build strong team cohesion and motivation within the Attraction Technical Team.
* Bachelor's Degree from a four year college or university in Mechanical Engineering is required or Electrical Engineering is considered.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Professional Engineer's license practicing in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineeringpreferred.
* Demonstrate proficient computer skills, to include Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
* 5-7 Years Vendor Management and significant in-field installation related experience is required.
* Experience with contractlaw and practice in the theme park and/or construction industries is preferred.
* 8-10 Years related engineering experience is required.
* Theme Park specific experience is highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.