Engineering Shop CNC Machinist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
The James Ford Bell Technical Center shop and machine design group is responsible for design, delivery and life cycle cost improvement of proprietary equipment for General Mills. Machinists are responsible for the programming, set-up, and fabrication of prototypes, components, or precision assemblies of food process or packaging equipment. They will use a combination of CNC and manual machine tools, hand tools, and computer aided design and manufacturing software. Machinists in the group provide competitive advantage through deep equipment technology understanding and fabrication ability. The group supports R&D, engineering capital projects, joint ventures, and global manufacturing locations by delivering food and human safety solutions, HMM, technology innovation, and maintenance and reliability expertise.
* Lead with Safety (Human & Food)
* Interpret fabrication instructions from engineering drawings, sketches, or solid models
* Program, Set-Up, and Operate CNC Machine Tools (Lathes, Mills, EDM, Additive Mfg.)
* Competently operate various hand power tools, precision measuring devices and manual machine tools
* Precision assemble proprietary equipment using power transmission components, fasteners, custom machined components, and machine guards
* Collaborate with Peers, Managers, R&D, Engineers, Plant personnel and External Suppliers to meet project requirements
* Assist with equipment acceptance testing, installation and start-up support as required
* AAS degree in accredited Machining Technology Program
* 1-3 years experience in a machining or mechanical work environment
* Ability to program machine tools using Master Cam software
* Entry level knowledge and use of Solid Works (CAD) software
* Must be able to lift and manipulate 50 pounds
* Willingness to work Overtime, weekends, or Flexible Work Schedules as needed
* Demonstrated ability to work in a Safety Conscious, Diverse, and Team environment
* Ability to work with job ambiguity and multi-task
* Good computer and communication skills