This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Great Wolf Resorts
Colorado Springs, CO
* Willingness to accept the most positive and effective role
* Assign jobs/projects to staff members based on priority order
* Will perform day-to-day maintenance technician functions/tasks
* Implement Preventative Maintenance programs
* Perform daily inspections & follow-up on assignments
* Oversee the activities, training & job performance of assigned personnel
* Evaluates productivity and quality of work of each staff member and determines additional training
* Maintain the computer operated a/c heating system of the lodge
* Enforce uniform procedures to include safety shoes, goggles, etc.
* Staff relations -- employee information/documentation, communicate events to staff & guests
* Assist Director on feedback for performance evaluations
* Purchasing -- cost control, inventory control, supplies and tools
* Attend pertinent meetings such as Stand-Up, etc.
* Facilitate training or research outsourced training and track all documentation/records. (eg: Lock Out -- Tag Out, Confined Space, Fire System, Fire Extinguisher, Project Green Wolf, Fall Protection etc.)
* Maintain the Fire Alarm System and its operation & ensure all Fire Extinguishers are checked monthly.
* Maintain programs on a variety of mechanical systems within the lodge
* Willingness to work any shift
* Willingness to be on Fire/Emergency call at any time
* Write or assist the Director with correspondence relating to lodge business
* Operate/drive company vehicle, shuttle & equipment
* Maintain employee records (eg: training, equipment issued, etc.)
* Discuss personnel issues with the Director
* Discuss guest concerns and resolve problem immediately
* Completes and communicates maintenance work issues with the Director and Assistant Director
* Takes a active role in completing personnel forms and maintaining records
* Complete coaching and/or discipline forms and submit to the Director
Requires 2 years general maintenance experience, preferably on hotel equipment.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent experience.
Basic understanding of arithmetic functions-measuring, etc.
Skilled in the use of a variety of skilled trade tools (including both hand & electrical tools).
Ability to develop rapport with management & maintain strong working relationships with other team members.
Possess communication skills that demonstrate tact, respect, motivation, & constructive criticism.
Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomic, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
Must be available to work after hours and weekends, as required.
Experience following the protocols and precautions for hazardous waste management.
Practical HVAC, plumbing, and electrical experience a plus.
Must have a valid driver's license & good driving record.
Ability to grasp, lift, push, pull & carry up to 75 lbs.
Ability to read/communicate in English both verbally & in writing to comprehend/explain job functions to maintenance staff.
Ability to climb stairs, ladders or use of a main lift to work at heights up to 30 feet, often reaching above head, while standing on ladder, stairs or lift.
Ability to work in confined spaces & in awkward positions.
Ability to perform tasks that require bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, walking & standing for an extended period of time.
Visual ability to review employee performance, repair equipment, read manufacturers instructions, schematics & blueprints.
Ability to instruct subordinates & accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Ability to translate technical information or problems in layman's terms.
Finger & hand dexterity to manipulate stitches/buttons computer keyboard, calculator & telephone.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled