This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaintain all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Mission Vision and Values as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as energy efficiency as possible constantly looking for ways to save energy.
* Assume control of the Engineering Department when the Chief Engineer is not available.
* Understand all building related systems and equipment -- Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, HVACandR, Kitchen, Laundry, Pool, etc.
* Follow company preventative maintenance procedures and guidelines for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds, landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
* Maintain engineering related check book accounting procedures to ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
* Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
* Effectively supervise, train, and assign tasks to and follow-up with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
* Understand the engineering records and filing system to support RandM Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety Systems and Inspections, etc.
* Monitor and maintain all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean, organized, energy efficient manner.
* Tour hotel complex daily identifying items requiring engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions.
* Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related items, trains all managers in these areas.
* Understand all Brands related issues and procedures; as well as all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS problem tracking procedures and is working to correct them.
* Basic understanding of elementary accounting procedures.
* Basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and internet use.
* Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a strong leader through-out hotel.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* College degree or courses will be considered helpful, engineering related preferred.
* Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
* 3+ years of hands-on experience at a comparable location.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping with or without reasonable accommodation.
* ADA related Physical Demand Section: Frequent walking, climbing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, smiling, writing, at times working in cramped noisy locations susceptible to extreme hot and cold temperatures with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled