Laredo Petroleum, Inc. - Dallas, TXThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Laredo Petroleum, Inc... Laredo Petroleum, Inc.
- Dallas, TX
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Associates Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Laredo Petroleum is an independent energy company with headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Laredo's business strategy is focused on the exploration, development, and acquisition of oil and natural gas properties in the Permian and Mid-Continent regions of the United States.
Laredo Petroleum is hiring an Engineering Tech in Dallas, TX. Support Reservoir Engineering staff with maintenance of reserve data base, economic evaluations and reservoir/production surveillance projects. Assist in the integration of data to common data bases.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Experience with ARIES economic analysis program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products ( Excel, Access and Power Point).
- Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting, and analyzing data (Access and Excel).
- Ability to read drilling and completion reports and extract pertinent data.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
- Experience supporting reservoir and/or production engineers in well performance/reservoir studies.
- An understanding of the inter-relationship of reservoir properties with well performance
- A basic understanding of data flow through field and production accounting systems.
- Associate Degree and/or at least 3 years of applicable upstream oil and gas industry experience.
- Experience with customized graphics applications (e.g. Spotfire©) is a plus.
- Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities
- Strong time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEC reserves definitions and reserves management processes
- Support Reservoir engineering staff
- ARIES Economic database management and report generation.
- Provide data, information, and support to general staff outside of reservoir engineering.
- Input, maintain, QC, extract, manipulate, and analyze production surveillance data.
- Recognize variations, deviations, and opportunities from the data.
- Create and utilize spreadsheets and databases, screen and analyze data, generate plots, contour maps, bubble maps, and utilize other analytical tools.
As soon as possible
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Laredo Petroleum is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. Laredo Petroleum's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital, or veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance