Engineering Technical Associate Rotational Program - Summer 2017 Start Date
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Buckeye Partners L.P.
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE SUMMARY:
The Technical Associate position participates in up to six departmental rotational roles over a 10 month period. Through interaction with departmental mentors, Technical Associates receive high level training on the functions of each department including: Engineering and Construction Services; Field Operations; Asset Integrity; Regulatory Compliance; Health, Safety, Security and Environmental; and Transportation Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* TECHNICAL TRAINING. Participating in technical training discussions/opportunities to get exposure to the various departments within Buckeye.
* PROJECT SUPPORT. Supporting projects within each department as assigned. These may be comprehensive, short-term assignments or subsets of a larger project.
* PRESENTATION. Presenting to the Program Steering Committee to demonstrate the information learned during each rotation.
* TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT. Participating in periodic Technical Associate Program meetings to share experiences and help mold the program for future Associates.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in and Engineering or Science discipline required.
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel preferred.
* Recent graduates or candidates with one to two years experience preferred.
* Up to 30% travel
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* None required
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* This position is reserved for an ambitious self-starter with a strong sense of accountability who thrives on challenge, teamwork, and innovation in a high-growth environment. The candidate must appreciate the challenges presented in a complex industry.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Candidate must be willing to relocate geographically after one year.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.