Engineering Technician B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Engineering Technician BJob ID:
Harris is looking for an Operation Controller for a position in Colorado Springs, CO. This position will be responsible for conducting worldwide satellite operations in support of the NRO Operations Squadron Support Contract (NOPSSC). Serves as the interface between various NRO Mission Ground Stations (MGS) and the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN).* EXECUTE NOPS USER REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT DURING CURRENT PERIOD.
* DIRECT AFSCN PERSONNEL DURING REAL-TIME SATELLITE OPERATIONS, ENSURING PROPER COMMAND AND TELEMETRY DATA FLOW.
* HELP DEVELOP AND EXECUTE RE-PLAN SCHEDULE STRATEGIES WHENEVER VEHICLE EMERGENCIES, AFSCN OUTAGES, OR OTHER FACTORS DICTATE CHANGES TO SCHEDULING REQUIREMENTS
* DIRECT PREPASS ACTIVITIES AND ISSUE DIRECTION TO REMOTE GROUND FACILITIES (RGF'S) TO ACCOMPLISH SPACECRAFT ACQUISITION, TRACKING, AND TELEMETRY DATA RECOVERY.
* DETECT, ISOLATE, AND RESOLVE PROBLEMS THAT AFFECT DATA INTEGRITY. Qualifications:* High School / Secondary Education or related field (or equivalent work experience) and 4+ years of experience is required.
* Experience in NRO operations processes in focused training sessions and complete ops certifications in a timely manner
* Experience in operate multiple computer screens and clearly communicate to remote personnel via telecomm systems Additional Preferred Skills:* 2 years of experience in NRO Operations Squadron requirements, processes and equipment.
* Experience in Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) mission, operations, and processes. This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Technician Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CO - Colorado Springs .