This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 4/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEngineering Technician
The following describes, in general terms, the purpose and scope of the Model Based Engineering Tech I position. As the focal point for Model Based Engineering, this position will be results oriented and will ensure industry standards are being followed, validate component manufacturability and make sure customer expectations are exceeded.
1. Focal point for Model Based Engineering:
Prepare detailed drawings using 2D/3D CADD applications.
Develop & Generate drawings/images/video for manufacturing documentation.
Perform preventative maintenance on tooling to reduce manufacturing downtime.
Proactively identify and implement innovative solutions.
2. Internal Communication and Interface:
Being part of a larger team, this position will treat others with respect while embracing new ideas, adopting best practices and working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
Work with Product Development to finalize Harness, Component and Tooling Designs.
Work with SME's and Manufacturing Engineering on tooling concepts.
3. External Communication and Interface:
Work with Machine Shops to apply best practices methods and ensure data transfer.
In conjunction with engineers and program managers, work with customers to provide drafting support along with capabilities demonstrations, and issue resolution.
4. Product Integrity Support:
Ensure that Ducommun standards are met, as well as requirements for Product Integrity Team, Manufacturing and Development are satisfied.
Follow procedures for Quality Assurance and Engineering, assist inspection with tooling issues and assist with audits as necessary.
5. Bid/NPI Support:
Provide support for 2D/3D Bid Packages as necessary.
May perform tasks typically associated with other Engineering functions as required.
Skills & Qualifications
* Associate degree, or working toward a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or other related degree is preferred. Relevant work experience will be considered.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in engineering functions consistent with the specific position requirements.
* Embrace and promote core characteristics of the Ducommun Way: Honesty, Professionalism, Respect, Trust, & Teamwork.
* Self-motivated with a professional attitude and initiative to focus on goals and priorities.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering data.
* Demonstrated ability to support customers, provide professional communications and drive to exceed expectations.
* Negotiation and conflict skills; together with demonstrated experience troubleshooting and problem-solving.
* Intermediate computer skill level in MS Office or similar toolset.
* Good documentation skill; attention to detail is critical.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while prioritizing work as required to meet customer and job expectations.
* Strong knowledge of drafting standards and machine practices to review and markup drawings.
* Ability to use standard measuring devices.
* Intermediate knowledge of 2D/3D CADD systems.