Engineering Technician C
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Engineering Technician CJob ID:
Electronic Technician Req ID:
CN20162306-12583 Work Location:
Island of Kauai, HawaiiNo relocation funds available for this positionJob Description:Harris, formerly Exelis has an opportunity for an Electronics Technician to join our team at Kokee Park Geophysical Observatory, Kauai HI. As a member of a three person rotating shift, responsible for operations and maintenance of two VLBI Antenna Systems located at Kokee Park Geophysical Observatory. Assists in all operations, maintenance, and preventative maintenance activities involved at the Observatory.Responsibilities:* Performs routine, non-routine and complex assignments involving all electronic and mechanical systems involved with Antenna Systems and subsystems.
* Identifies and troubleshoots system problems, conducts tests using all types of instruments and test equipment, analyzes results to restore systems, improve performance, and documents and reports results
* Identifies equipment failures on site and exercises creativity and ingenuity in restoring chains of equipment to operation
* Assists in workplace and personnel safety by identifying and mitigating risks and intervenes to prevent mishaps
* Possesses a broad detailed knowledge of electronics, reliable, demonstrates a high standard of personal integrity
* Implements and ensures adherence to operational, maintenance and organizational procedures and policies. Reviews, edits and recommends changes to related technical and process documentation
* Ensures secure and positive control of critical resources
* Monitors technical and professional performance and acts quickly to correct deficiencies. Reports to and advises KPGO management on all related operational and technical mattersRequired Experience:* 6+ years directly related experience or 2+ years' experience w/ Associate's Degree
* Two years technical training at an accredited school (4 years of related experience can be substituted for 2 years of technical training) or equivalent military training, plus a minimum of 2 years of related experience
* This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.Desired Experience:* An Associate of Science degree in electronic, computer or networks engineering technology
* Knowledge of Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI) operations and maintenance is a plus
* Experience working 24x7 rotating shift
* Ability to work on a remote assignment and possess the ability to get along with co-workers in a small working environment
* Proficient with MS project tools is a plus
* Experience in network administration. CCNA, A+ or other certifications a plus
* Experience with Windows, Linux, Unix, and AutoCAD
* Currently possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. US Citizenship is requiredHarris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Technician Education Associate (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - HI - Kekaha .