Engineering Technician II (Flex Hose Mechanic)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/8/2017
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: San Diego (ESP)
Job Code: 3632
# of openings: Direct Funded
Requisition Category:Epsilon Systems Partners is seeking a full time Engineering Technician II (Flex Hose Mechanic) in San Diego, CA.
The position is responsible for troubleshooting, repair; overhaul and/or installation of shipboard mechanical equipment, systems and their supporting flex hoses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understands of application of shipboard flexible hoses.
* Operates and maintains a dogleg machine.
* Operates and maintains cutoff machine.
* Operates and maintains hose assembly machine.
* Operates and maintains segmented fitting assembly machine.
* Operates and maintains burner barrel hydro test machine.
* Operates and maintains hose hydro (proof stand) machine.
* Operates and maintains hose crimping machine.
* Replaces defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
* Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
* Understand and follow standard and specified safety procedures and operating procedures.
* Maintains a clean and organized shop area
* Understands and follow direction concerning documentation of procedures and results.
* Provides input and assist with process improvement procedures
* Understands and follows safety instruction
* Drives to and from ship and shop in a vehicle or a golf cart
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 4 years work related experience
* Qualify Craftsman 301 for civilians
Knowledge of standard items, test procedures and test memos.
Navy/ship/IMA repair experience. * Experience troubleshooting and repair of shipboard flexible hoses.
* Experience troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic lines and devices.
* Ability to use measuring instruments i.e., micrometers, dial indicators etc.
* Ability to read blueprints, technical manuals, and repair standards.
Ability to obtain a Rapid-Gate badge
Possess valid driver s license.
Communicate verbally and electronically
* Frequent standing, sitting, crawling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, walking, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
* Occasional lifting up to 50 or more pounds.
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
Require walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise.
Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders.
Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp.
Ability to operate hand or industrial truck if required.
Epsilon Systems Partners and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.