Engineering Technician III (Electrical)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/10/2017
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: San Diego, CA (TSG)
Job Code: 3633
# of openings: Direct Funded
Requisition Category:Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a full time Engineering Technician III (Electrical) in San Diego, CA.
Provide support for shipboard electrical and electronic systems and subsystems and components onboard naval ships including but not limited to CG, CVN, DDG, FFG, LHA, LHD, LPD, LSD, MCMs, LCS and MSC ships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides technical assistance and problem resolution with the installation, modification, repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and testing of new and existing electrical cables, power and lighting circuits, marine electrical systems, electrical components, fixtures, and electrical control equipment.
* Works on amphibious class ship s ballast and deballast systems including HPU s (Hydraulics power Unit) and Deballast Air Compressor control systems.
* Works on Shipboard environmental compliance systems including Oily Waste System and Plastic Waste Processors.
* Works on Shipboard Damage Control systems to include: AFFF, SCBA s, and HALON/HFP.
* Electric/electronic control, detection, alarm sensing, indicating, and monitoring systems and equipment.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Attended Navy Electrician A school.
* Minimum 8 years US Navy operational and maintenance experience with electrical and electronic control systems supporting all or portions of the following systems.
* Minimum 8 years experience working on Navy shipboard systems required.
* Must have or be able to obtain a secret security clearance
* In depth experience working specifically on Navy shipboard electrical systems.
* Ability to read schematics, follow detailed instructions and be self-motivated.
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed written instructions, schematics or drawings and to conduct activities in a safe manner.
* Effective oral and written communication
* Sound interpersonal skills needed to interface, coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside contacts, if appropriate.
* Shipboard 3M system Navy Master Training
* Experience with Battery chargers, power supplies and line voltage regulators
* Experience working on electrical/electronic control systems
* Specialist designation
* Require walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of noise.
* Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
* Office environment, waterfront and shops (Office, warehouse, laboratory, pier side, shipboard)
* Noise conditions range from normal to loud noise.
Epsilon Systems Solutions and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.