This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
FORMA-FAB METALS INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary: Engineering Tech position is responsible for helping process customer information in to complete packages to release to production. This position would aid in the creation of drawings, fixtures and programs for the lasers and fabricator. We are looking for an outgoing motivated person with a positive attitude to join our Engineering team and that can also interface with production to aid in the ongoing projects by working with the team leaders to determine if any fixtures or better documentation can aid the process. In addition It will also involve supporting our quoting process.
* Be able to determine if customer drawings are adequate or new clearer drawings are required and be able create them .
* Be able to work with and process 3d models and generate flat patterns for laser or fabricator processing.
* Determine when spot-weld, welding, paint or any other fixtures are required and be able to design and create the required drawings and programs.
* Be able to do flat pattern development.
* The ability to work with team leaders and make manufacturing process suggestions to make the work flow better.
* Must be able to work independently and as part of a team..
* Be familiar with quoting of sheet metal products and all accompanying processes to manufacture them.
* Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing techniques, practices and implements programs and tools of Lean
* Must be flexible and able to adjust to fast paced demands
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
* Focus on meeting production schedules while maintaining quality work.
* High school diploma (Associates or Bachelors degree preferred, but not required)
* Must know sheet metal fabrication and development
* Knowledge of detailed drawing creation with all applicable weld, spot-weld or dimensional requirements
* knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and Autocad
* Organizational, problem solving and project management abilities
* Effective Interpersonal skills with employees, managers and customers
* Proficiency in MS-Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
* Must have prior Quoting experience