This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description (Role Profile)
About the Team:
Avid is looking for an Engineering Technical to work with an audio engineering group.
About the Job:
* Be able to be hands on with setups, test setups
* Understand the basics of setting up a specific test setup and how it runs
* Be able to update our product components as needed for testing
* Prepare test setup for engineering and product management
* Always be available for help on engineering driven tasks (hands on)
* Be able to communicate results, produce reports, and discuss results based on testing
* Be able to understand engineering guidance on testing and implement them as required
* work well under an accelerated face environment
* Able work late during crunch times
* have basic familiarity with engineering lab equipment
* Excellent soldering skills
* An engineering degree is a plus
* 3-5 years as an engineering technician
* 5 years of soldering experience
* Salary up to 60k
Skills and Knowledge
* Lab equipment working knowledge (oscilloscope, multimeter, thermal chamber etc.)
* Soldering using a microscope and without
* Ability to communicate through email and Skype
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office for documenting results
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools , Media Composer , Nexis , Interplay , and Sibelius . Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar statuettes, a Grammy , and 14 Emmys .
Avid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.