Engineering Technician 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Engineering Technician performs technical support to assist the Engineering function. Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Provides support to the Engineering function by performing routine engineering and developmental testing
* Provides data, information, and support to Engineering teams
* Creates and utilizes spreadsheets and databases; performs screening and analyzing of data
* Troubleshoots electronics or electro-mechanical systems
* Assists with tasks to accomplish engineering business improvement objectives
* Provides Input and maintains, extracts, manipulates and analyzes key performance indicators
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience
* Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting and analyzing data
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work on multiple tasks with sometimes conflicting priorities
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, work ethics and ability to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.