Engineering Technician (Towed Array)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Ddl Omni Engineering LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2008 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
Supports MARMC Code 274 - TA/TAHS - provide engineering, technical, and logistical support for Submarine TA/TAHS. This support includes but is not limited to:
* Provide non-routine and complex onboard and distance support technical assistance (in various places worldwide) to evaluate, troubleshoot, test, repair, and/or provide technical oversight and guidance to correct equipment deficiencies of the TA/TAHS equipment(OA-9070 series, OK-418 series, and OK- 276 series), in operational submarines
* Provide non-routine and complex technical support for all Towed Array (TB-16, TB-23, TB-29, TB-34) on-load/off-load evolutions as scheduled by COMSUBLANT and MARMC
* Provide support in the installation of various ECIs to upgrade TA/TAHS equipment for modernization events
* Provide telephone, e-mail, CHAT, and Naval message distance support FTA to support deployed and local submarines in technical and logistic support matters associated with TA/TAHS equipment
* Provide onboard maintenance training to ship's force personnel during technical assistance visits to improve ship's force proficiency in operation and maintenance of TA/TAHS equipment
* Provide a written TAVR and TAVR worksheet data upon completion of FTA support. Enter FTA/maintenance data into databases and status reports
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client's Talent Network
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Full-time engineering experience in the operation, maintenance, installation, test and/or repair of submarine Towed Array/Towed Array Handling Systems (TA/TAHS). Experience in evaluating the material condition of ship systems and implementing corrective action
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Full-time technical experience in the design, installation, test, and/or repair of mechanical/ electrical/electronic systems/equipment
* HS Degree
* Appropriate service schools or equivalent
* Excellent oral communication skills; provide on-board or telephone technical support of TA/TAHS testing, mai ntenance and assis tance beyond the skill and resource ca pa bil ities of the fleet including:
* electrical/mechanical trou ble shooting expertise
* determining appropriate corrective repair actions
* cor rective mainte nance engi neer ing ser vices
* spares/material procurement assis tance to fleet as required
* training of Shi p's Force in operation, re pair, main te nance, and lo gis tics sup port
* Excellent written communication skills; complete Technical Assistance debrief and Technical Assistance Visit Report (TAVR)documents
* Fiber Optics Certification (FOT, FOI), Marine Chemist Certification a plus
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking Apply Online below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.