Engineering Technology Specialist - UniFirst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 3/30/2017
Engineering Technology Specialist
As an Engineering Technology Specialist, you will be
involved in all aspects of Engineering/IT Systems. You
will interface with the Engineering and IT business
units to design, implement and support Technology
Solutions. You will write queries and analyze
engineering production data to insure integrity and
accuracy. You must have a good working knowledge the
following areas in a Microsoft environment: Networking,
Security, Desktop/Laptop/Mobile/Server configuration and
support, Database Administration.
* Write SQL queries and analyze data
* Administer MS SQL databases
* Provide support for Laptop/Desktop PC's and
* Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of various new
technologies including but not limited to computers,
network hardware, robotics devices, peripherals, and
* Investigate user/system issues, identify the root
cause, determine possible solutions, test and
* Perform and/or oversee software and application
installation and upgrades
* Maintain site licenses and support agreements for
* Develop and conduct training and instruction for
Engineering users on operating systems and the
various applications which Engineering is the
business owner of; assist users in maximizing use of
networks and computing systems
* Ensure timely user notification of maintenance
requirements and effects on system availability.
* Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and
operating procedures that optimize technology.
* Maintain confidentiality with regard to the
information being processed, stored or accessed by
* Create and maintain Technical Documentation for
system/application configuration and support.
* Minimum of 3 years experience working in
* Strong understanding of ITIL and Incident Management
* Experience supporting HMI/SCADA systems is a plus
* Experience with Agile project management framework,
specifically Scrum is a plus
* Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
* Minimum of 3 years working in a business environment
* Work independently and manage multiple Engineering
* Possess excellent organizational skills
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
401K with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program
Supplemental Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Direct Payroll Deposit
30% Employee Discount
Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of
uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst
Corporation has grown to become one of the largest
companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes Platinum 400 -
Best Big Companies List. With over 11,000 employee Team
Partners and more than 220 facilities throughout the
United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never
just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us
apart from all other companies is that we still function
as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst,
you re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting
from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers
have come from within the Company. Opportunities are
endless for those individuals who possess a strong work
ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a
passion for delivering quality customer service, both
internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that
stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving
your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst
can take you.
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action