Engineering Test Lab Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Engineering Test Lab Director
Position reports directly to Vice President of Engineering for Meggitt Control Systems North Hollywood site. Meggitt Control Systems (MCS) has experienced significant growth in new engineering programs and require experienced, forward looking Engineering Test Lab Director to modernize the lab and help drive engineering projects, through development and qualification testing, to successful outcomes.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Manage the resources, activities and personnel in the Test facility to meet current and future test demands for the business for both development and production needs.
* Expanding the capability of the engineering test lab. A number of capital projects, for lab modernization and safety enhancement, should be planned and executed every year which require daily management of project tasks, schedules, problem solving, and test stand commissioning. The lab manager is required to assign, prioritize, and coordinate project tasks performed by engineering test and facility personnel.
* Actively participate in the specification of the test equipment required to develop and qualify new products.
* Continuously improve MCS' testing capabilities and effectiveness. Coordinate with test facility managers in the Meggitt group to maximize on facilities use. This may involve limited international travel.
* Enhancement of engineering test facility monitoring and control capabilities. The test facility is very energy-intensive and thus needs to be carefully monitored and controlled to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of test lab activities. Potential improvements include capability to monitor system energy use and avoid peak energy rate hours, air flow rates, pressure levels, and identify compressed air leaks.
* Integrated engineering, quality and operations planning for new products. In order to successfully introduce new products into service, while supporting production testing, close coordination between engineering and operations is required. Critical activities range from qualification test planning and execution, production planning, and acceptance test planning.
Bachelor of Science Degree or a relevant engineering discipline
15+ Years of Experience in a similar environment and at least 5+ in a lab management role
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Evaluation of engineering test needs across the SBU in order to plan and coordinate effective utilization of internal and external test facilities. This evaluation will also support multi-year capital equipment planning and execution activities.
* Evaluation of strategic opportunities to support corporate growth initiatives. Opportunities range from development of new test cells, optimize energy consumption and support of customers' needs.
* Management of test engineers and technicians.
* Coordination with outside test labs to make sure the needs of the internal and external customers are met.
* Planning and execution of capital appropriation projects. Activities include coordination with customers, suppliers, and third-party organizations (research labs, universities, test facilities).
* Continual improvement of test capabilities and resource management to meet the future needs of our major customers which are mainly air-framers and engine manufacturers.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.