Enterprise Architect (Java ) 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: ENTERPRISE JAVA ARCHITECT
LOCATION: RHODE ISLAND
GC, GC EAD, US CITIZENS
NEED SOMEONE WITH TOGAF, MICROSERVICES, AND FINANCIAL SERVICES EXPERIENCE.
* Experience creating IT strategy, future state blueprints, roadmaps and translating them into concrete action plans.
* Experience making presentations to senior executives.
* Experience providing end-to-end technical solutions to business problems through collaboration and partnerships.
* Experience defining architecture best practices, principles and standards.
* Ability to effectively communicate architecture strategies to a variety of constituencies (external, internal, technical and non-technical) and build consensus across multiple groups within the organization.
* Ability to translate technical decisions into business impacts in terms that the business will understand.
* Ability to research technology trends and leverage them to generate business value.
* Ability to lead & facilitate brainstorming sessions and arrive at the key architectural decisions.
* Proven ability to design and delivery architecture for complex enterprise solutions.
* Experience with TOGAF, SOA, EDA, B2B, Microservices, Containers, Big Data, and In-memory grids.
* Understanding of private & public cloud computing architecture and infrastructure.
* Experience with architectural patterns for High Availability, Performance, and Disaster Recovery.
* Some experience using full stack technologies, including, but not limited to WS02, JAVA/J2EE, .Net, JSON, REST, Spring, Angular, OAuth.
* Understanding of relational database technologies and modeling techniques including dimensional modeling (Oracle experience preferred).
* Understanding of NoSQL database concepts.
* Experience with predicative analytics and model outputs to drive business outcomes. Experience with a rules engine a plus.
* Knowledge of Agile SDLC, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps, Test Automation, and ALM tools.
* Knowledge of mobile architectures and application development.
* Financial industry background preferred.
THE PURPOSE OF YOUR ROLE
In this role, you will leading the definition of architecture current state gaps, future state, roadmaps, and best practices for the FIAM (Fidelity Institutional Asset Management) business unit of Fidelity. You will be working with the business and enterprise stakeholders to understand the overall requirements and translating those requirements into executable strategies. This will require you to work closely with several business units across the firm as well as vendor products.
You will be working alongside the delivery teams to ensure adherence to requirements as well as compliance with Fidelity's roadmap, architecture and design standards. You will identify non-functional requirements and ensure they are considered as part of the product backlogs and delivery tracks. You will keep track of any architectural decisions and associated technical debt where applicable. You will also have to make strategic vs. tactical trade-offs and be comfortable articulating the rationale behind the decisions.You will be part of a larger architectural community and contribute to other non-product related initiatives including governance, standards, and possible Proof of Concepts.