- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Enterprise BI Architect - BI-Technology & Development (ADM CRD OFCR)
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
Enterprise BI Architect - BI-Technology & Development (ADM CRD OFCR)
Professional Support Staff
Mission Center Building
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
As a preeminent health sciences campus and health system, the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is at the forefront of creating new knowledge from the exploding volume of clinical, discovery, and education data that it creates and manages. UCSF believes that the ability to leverage these data assets is an important differentiator for an academic healthcare center and is critical to our drive toward Precision Medicine and the execution of key UCSF strategies for the Clinical Enterprise. These strategies include supporting better population health by improving the quality of care and population health of the University of California health system s 14 million patients. As part of this exciting and important endeavor, UCSF is seeking a highly qualified Enterprise Business Intelligence Architect.
The Enterprise BI Architect (EBIA) will be responsible for defining efficient, scalable and responsive information delivery architectures and solutions that provide end-users access to information stored in UCSF s operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts, data cubes and universes. The BI Architect will stay abreast of current and emerging BI tools and technologies and advise BI developers in their proper application to support UCSF s information delivery needs. The EBIA will create a framework in which multiple information solutions for multiple business domains can be delivered in a consistent, standards-based framework. The successful candidate will have leadership skills, be customer focused and have extensive experience in developing BI and analytic solutions using a variety of tools and technologies.
This EBIA will:
* Work closely with functional business analysts to architect efficient and standards-based BI architectures and solutions that satisfy business information reporting needs
* Serve as a technical leader and advisor to IT and departmental BI developers
* Provide expert guidance on the selection and use of BI technologies to solve end user information access needs
* Lead the development of BI solution prototypes that demonstrate performance and usability to business and IT stakeholders
* Oversee of the design and implementation of BI architectures and solutions, including data acquisition process design, use of BI technology features and functions, business rules processing, and data aggregation and summarization techniques
* Lead the tuning and performance improvement of BI solutions
* Champion and educate business and IT staff on the use of the BI technologies for strategic and tactical decision making
* Collaborate with data modelers and data integration architects/developers to establish end-to-end data and information delivery architecture
* Research and stay abreast of the latest trends in BI technologies and work with vendors to carry out product evaluations and proof-of-concepts
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
LIVING PRIDE STANDARDS
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
* An undergraduate or master s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
* 10+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing secure, scalable and high-performance BI and analytic solutions; at least 3 years of experience as a BI Architect
* Experience with BI and analytic tools including COGNOS, TM1, Business Objects and QlikView
* Experience with dimensional data modeling and relational databases
* Proficient in Agile/Scrum development methodology
* Ability to communicate with high proficiency, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff, in both technical language and business terms
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills
* Proficient in developing technical specifications, presentations, training materials, user documentation, and technical documentation
* Demonstrated success with overseeing software development lifecycle for enterprise-wide BI projects
* Ability to assess