Enterprise DBA with Hadoop
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnterprise DBA providing operational database services to the organization. Primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database-related incidents and service requests, fulfilling Service Level Agreements (SLAs), reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database-related alerts and escalations and working with application development to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
MUST HAVE HADOOP, other database administration skills are preferred, including Couchbase, Riak, HBase, SQL Server, Informix, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and DB2/AS400
Solid understanding of:
- multiple database technologies such as noSQL, newSQL, Big Data and RDBMS platforms
- database tools and troubleshooting techniques
- performance tuning techniques
- operating systems and architecture fundamentals, such Windows Server and multiple Linux Distributions (Ubuntu, CentOS).
- database technologies - understanding the database architecture, file system layout, and database processes.
- middleware and other components interact with the database
- database engine/processor and all related processes and how they interact with apps and network
- conceptual, logical and physical database design principles
- data warehousing/archiving techniques
- multi-server administration
- database scalability fundamentals including partitioning, sharding, replication, multi-site database architectures, high availability, distributed systems and big data architectures
- work with database vendors to resolve database software bugs.
- architect and develop ETL solutions across platforms.
- understand application and system architecture.
- troubleshoot OS Level event logs as well as database platform logging in resolving complex issues
- utilize multiple scripting languages such as PowerShell/Python/BASH shell scripts to administer and perform daily tasks
- handle intermediate level script development for automation.
- multiple Hadoop components
- multiple NoSQL engines.
- non-database open source technologies