Enterprise Data Architect EDW / EDH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Menlo Park, CA
The Enterprise Business Intelligence team is looking for a self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Enterprise Data Architect specializing in Big Data technologies. The desired candidate must have a proven track record working with complex, interrelated systems and bringing that content together on Big Data platforms. The individual will provide thought leadership and drive the architecture and design of Enterprise Data Warehouse (HANA ) and Enterprise Data Hub (Hadoop) solutions. The Solution Data Architect possesses end-to-end vision on the enterprise data strategy. The Solution Data Architect understands how a logical design translates into physical database design for relational stores, how data flows across the enterprise and how the most value can be extracted from the data in the most effective way.
This position is responsible for the architecture and design of the company's Data Platforms, which includes relational data architecture (Oracle, HANA, etc) and non-relational data stores under the Hadoop ecosystem. This position will also collaborate with other application and infrastructure solution architects as part of an enterprise architecture working group. The ability to demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills in this setting will position this candidate for future career growth in our enterprise architecture functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* 8+ years implementing enterprise Data & Analytical solutions in a complex environment.
* 5+ years working as a Solution Architect with depth in data integration and data architecture for Enterprise Data Warehouse implementations.
* Multiple experiences implementing Big Data solutions using open source technologies within the Hadoop ecosystem such as: Impala, Hive, Spark, Pig etc.
* 3+ years leading strategic engagements and delivering Roadmaps Experience in designing and implementing the data architecture (conceptual, logical, physical & dimensional models).
* Experience designing and implementing ETL strategies
* Experience with Kimball data modeling methodologies and other Data Warehousing activities.
* Strong Leadership skills and ability to mentor junior resources are required.
* Experience with SAP HANA, SAP ERP, SAP BW would be a big plus
* Strong communication skills with the ability to present solutions to the C level as well as the technical level.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree is required.