Enterprise Data Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Manager, Enterprise Data Architecture
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Data Architecture will be responsible for the overall definition and execution of enterprise data architecture, strategy, and integration required to effectively and efficiently support our client's organizational strategy. This position will provide strategic direction in the development of the enterprise data strategy, partnering across the enterprise to align with future-state business goals and objectives.
* Facilitate the development of a corporate data policy that outlines the appropriate data stewardship and data audit requirements, as well as the service-level agreements, to support the appropriate quality and use of information in business and IT processes.
* Develop an information-sharing strategy for the organization, and ensure it supports key enterprise initiatives and strategies, such as enterprise application integration, service oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, pattern-based strategy, and social computing.
* Maintain reference architecture for the purposes of architectural governance and application roadmap.
* Manage the architectural data governance tools and process.
* Develop a gap plan between the current and future state data architectures, and work with other enterprise architects to develop road maps for the orderly transition to the future state.
* Lead efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, business intelligence (BI), content management, data integration, information lifecycle management, and related information management or information infrastructure components.
* Ensuring the overall design of company's enterprise information architecture (EIA) and development of the organization's information-sharing strategy. In partnership with business, functional, and information technology (IT) leaders across the business, this person will determine data/information assets should be treated as enterprise information (for example, key data such as customer, supplier, items and locations, and shared business transactions across the supply chain) and develop the requirements, principles, designs, and models that strengthen the network effect of sharing such information across the enterprise.
* Maintain our clients approved technology stack documentation and validates new designs against the stack.
* Identify opportunities to generate revenue or improve business performance through the use of internal or external information content.
* Prepare conceptual and logical subject area models and implementation-level details that affect the continuum of disciplines involved in the architecture, design, implementation and management of enterprise data.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (advanced degreepreferred),
* Minimum of 5+ years related IT experience
* 3+ years' experience in enterprise data architecture and data engineering.
* Strong communication and written skills
* Demonstrated experience with enterprise architecture involving high volume transactional systems, integration, middleware services, application service layers and user experience
* Ability to create the conceptual solution design from a high level to solve business problems.
* Experience with eCommerce/retail and business to business transactional services
* Experience with defining and/or implementing SOA services and/or strategy for an organization
* Experience with large enterprise data warehouse architecture design including logical and physical model development.
* Knowledge and experience in Data Governance - understanding of domain data models and enterprise data models.
* Extensive knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) systems.