Enterprise Domain Architect 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY WITH GLOBAL FORTUNE MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION!
ENTERPRISE DOMAIN ARCHITECT
_MAJOR FOCUS WILL BE LEADING AND WORKING CLOSELY WITH THE BUSINESS AND SOLUTION ARCHITECTS TO IDENTIFY GAPS IN ROADMAPS AND PRIORITIZE WORK EFFORTS TO ENSURE TIMELY DELIVERY OF ARCHITECTURE STANDARDS._
LOCATED IN TROY, MI
GREAT CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Enterprise Domain Architect Lead works closely with the Business and Solution Architects to identify gaps in roadmaps and prioritize work efforts to ensure timely delivery of architecture standards.
Primary responsibilities of this position are related to the architecture and delivery of technology roadmaps and standards in the IT Enterprise Architecture function. Some of the specific responsibilities of this role include:
* Team Leader
* Mentor and coach enterprise architects
* Provide architectural consulting as needed to programs, projects and initiatives.
* Maintain a continual improvement process within architecture to ensure our client is equipped to deliver as a leading global manufacturer.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
* Develop and prioritize Enterprise Architecture initiatives and work efforts to ensure judicious delivery of architecture artifacts.
* Track global technology trends and capabilities.
* Develop logical, conceptual and physical architectural models.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans.
* Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies to senior management and project teams.
* Gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and practices.
* Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations.
* Support business and IT strategic planning.
* Develop, communicate and deploy Enterprise Architecture Governance processes.
* Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans.
* Update and maintain domain level documents in an Enterprise Architecture repository and tool set. Provide continuous improvement to ensure they are easily consumable and available as needed.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
The Domain Architect Lead will be an overall effective manager, communicator, and leader. She/he will be able to conceptualize, plan, document and communicate effectively. The correct candidate will possess energy, enthusiasm, develop value-added service definitions, and help lead change.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
* 7 - 10 years relevant work experience
* 5 - 7 years experience as an enterprise architect
* Creation of IT strategy, roadmap, and standards documents
* Identify and create solutions with complex global technologies.
* Provide engineering leadership in design and implementation of technology solutions, strategies and technologies.
* Architect level knowledge and hands-on experience with some combination of application life-cycle management, infrastructure, and security technologies
* Working knowledge of common enterprise architecture frameworks like TOGAF or Zachman
* Clear thinker who anticipates and develops strategies for anticipated future consequences and trends
* Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
* Works collaboratively with multiple levels to develop innovative or creative solutions that work effectively
* Copes with change and decides well without having the total picture
* Knows how to influence and organize people and activities into an efficient work flow
* Solves difficult problems with effective solutions using rigorous logic and methods
* Knowledgeable about current and possible future IT trends and technology
* Provides direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others
* Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably
* Constantly and consistently a top performer who can be counted on to exceed goals on a regular basis
* Effective communicator and presenter in formal and informal settings
* Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose
* Possesses strong IT, planning, and financial knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Creates a team-oriented, collaborative environment and possesses strong leadership skills
* Infrastructure technologies including VMWare, RHEL, NetApp HP Server Hardware, Microsoft, Cisco, and Riverbed
* Application technologies including SDLC/ALM methodologies and toolsets, testing requirements & tools, ESB, API
* Security technologies and posture including 802.1x, PKI management, identity access management and governance, intrusion detection, and SIEM
* Data technologies including Teradata, SAP, Hadoop, Informatica ETL, ODS, data mart, data warehouse, and data lake methodologies.