Enterprise Information Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:The Enterprise Architecture team is a cross-functional group of professionals who are accountable for driving the Information Technology strategy and execution in support of the Office Depot Vision. This mandate is carried out in an interactive, consultative manner, engaging with key business and delivery executives, solution architects, and project teams to build and sustain solutions that meet our current and anticipated business needs. The EA team is comprised of key leaders in each core domain, including Business, Application, Technology, and Information Architecture, reporting to the Chief Architect and Vice President of IT & Enterprise Architecture. The Enterprise Information Architect is accountable for developing and driving a consistent Information Architecture vision on a global basis, collaborating with other key resources to define strategies, roadmaps, standards, and solutions to address the needs of a dynamic business. This role will educate and influence key stakeholders throughout the enterprise, acting as an advocate and steward for our information assets. The Enterprise Information Architect will also provide leadership to a federated team of Solution Architects to drive the coordinated delivery of critical business capabilities. This role will also help lead the architecture of major solutions and provide guidance to internal teams to ensure that requirements are met in an architecturally sound manner, meeting fundamental requirements such as scalability, security, flexibility, extensibility, reusability, and supportability. The Enterprise Information Architect will provide thought leadership and consultation across multiple domains, including Business Intelligence, Data Architecture, Data Governance, Master Data and Content Management, Application Integration, Information Security, and Collaboration. These capabilities are currently supported by a core set of technologies, including Teradata, IBM Cognos, Tableau, SAS, Oracle E-Business, Oracle SOA Suite, Web Methods, IBM DataStage, Google Apps, and Microsoft SharePoint.
* Create innovative, multi-disciplinary technical/ functional solutions to unprecedented problems and devise solutions for the most complex and highest risk business situations
* Serve as a credible expert advisor to executives on the use of current and future technologies for optimal impact on business strategies and results
* Advise functional leaders and executives as company's highest level resource for making strategic investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems, programs, or processes
* Operate as company's highest level expert in the Information Architecture discipline
* Evaluate best practices and emerging trends in enterprise wide information sharing, such as big data, open data, and linked data, and determine the opportunity and impact on the target architecture
* Understands and is proficient with company procedures for documenting new initiatives with complex business cases and detailed ROI models to gain IT, Business Unit and Executive Committee agreement and approval to proceed. Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field. Graduate degree preferred Minimum of 10 years experience in IT systems or applications development Minimum of 8 years experience architecting or delivering large scale systems on multiple platforms, with a focus on Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Integration, Collaboration, and Advanced Analytical solutions Excellent verbal and written communication and persuasion skills; able to collaborate and engage effectively with technical and non-technical resources, speaking the language of the business Proven experience solving complex problems in a multi-platform systems environment, including on-premise and Cloud / XaaS solutions Demonstrated comprehensive expert knowledge and exceptional insight into the information technology industry Expertise in application and information architecture / design artifacts and mechanisms Practical experience in the use of common Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman Experience in the development, implementation, and management of Enterprise Data Models, Data Architecture Strategies, Delivery Roadmaps, Information Lifecycle Management, and Data Governance capabilities Thorough understanding of security legislation that affects our businesses, including, but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry regulations, Customer Data Protection regulations and contemporary security legislation activities that may impact future plans Significant experience with three or more of the following technologies:
Teradata, Tableau, Cognos, Oracle, SAS, Hadoop, Hive, SQL Server, DB2, SSIS, Essbase, Microsoft Analysis Services Retail industry and E-commerce experience a plus Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .