Enterprise Network Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY WITH GLOBAL FORTUNE 100 MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION!
ENTERPRISE NETWORK ARCHITECT
_MAJOR FOCUS WILL BE ON ARCHITECTURE AND SOLUTIONS WITH THIS EA DOMAIN FOR GLOBAL NETWORK, CLOUD, COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATIONS _
LOCATED IN TROY, MI
GREAT CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE / FLEXIBLE WORK LOCATION AVAILABLE!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The role of the Enterprise Network Architect is responsible for the Strategy and Roadmap for networktechnologies. The Enterprise Network Architect will work closely with Network Architects and other EA domains like Applications, Infrastructure, Cloud, Network and Security as well as with the business in order to identify, recommend, develop, and support cost-effective networking solutions and technologies for all aspects of the organization. The Enterprise Network Architect reports directly to the Domain Architecture Lead and is part of Enterprise Architecture which is part of the broader Strategy & Architecture IT Organization.
The Enterprise Network Architect will be an effective communicator and leader. She/he will be able to conceptualize, plan, document and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate will possess energy and develop value added service definitions. They will thrive in an innovative, diverse, global and collaborative working environment.
In return, the candidate will help lead change. They will initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations, develop technology and architecture roadmaps, develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints, solve complex problems with many variables, and be a Networking Subject Matter Expert in the development of solutions in support the business and communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies. This organization has responsibility and supports a global network consisting of 300locations supporting 50,000 end users.
Some of the specific responsibilities of this role include:
* Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural documents - domain roadmaps, standards, reference architecture, implementation documents
* Assess vendor capabilities, development, and test strategies
* Lead working groups and work collaboratively with other domain enterprise and solution architects to deliver a comprehensive technology roadmap and future state vision.
* Stay abreast of how networktechnologies are currently impacting and driving competitors.
* Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning
* Determine capacity limitations within designs and outline growth strategies
* Review and provide input to network designs, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
* Assist in determining production direction and assist in root cause analysis of escalations of operational issues
* Solve complex problems with many variables.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architecture
* Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies
* Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations
* Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions and their framework
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies.
* Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans.
* Participates as a Network Subject Matter expert in the development of solutions in support of new business and tools expansion.
* Identify gaps in network capabilities, standards, and roadmaps.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experience and expertise:
Bachelor's Degree - Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree.
* Demonstrable capabilities in designing a global network including identifying technical limitations and future opportunities
* Expertise and experience in networktechnologies and trends including SDN, wireless, SD-WAN, QoS, OTV, RISE, global load balancing, application firewalls, VoIP, networksecurity, FCoE, and Infiniband
* Excellent knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications, and systems that support networktechnologies and real-time network performance management.
* Experience with Cisco, Riverbed, cloud services like Azure & AWS, Fortinet, blade switches from HP and Dell, and security solutions from Sourcefire, Fire-eye and similar
* In-depth experience in developing strategies, roadmaps, standards and reference architecture/implementation of network solutions
* In-depth technical knowledge of a wide range of infrastructure components, PC, and platform operating systems
* Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
* Proven experience creating physical and logical diagrams and flowcharting techniques.
* Strong project management and organization skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.