Enterprise Operations Strategy Specialist 9/3/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
At Gore, our global teams bring together extensive knowledge and collaborate closely to create and deliver products that solve complex problems and perform in the most demanding environments. Our corporate functions help ensure that the company is well-positioned for long-term success, with an environment where associates work together effectively and pursue the highest impact opportunities. We are looking for an Operations Strategy Manager to join our team in Elkton, MD.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, were looking for you! In this role, you will support the creation and implementation of our Enterprise Operations Strategy (EOS). This associate will be an extended team member of the Enterprise Manufacturing & Operations Team (EMOT) and will work with this team to help shape the Enterprise Operations Strategy along with driving and leading Enterprise Initiatives that will have the biggest impact on improving overall manufacturing operations performance. Additional responsibilities will include proactively researching and understanding trends in the external environment and analyzing the implications for future manufacturing operations, and other functions as appropriate. The Enterprise Operations Specialist is expected to improve the functions overall performance, create new capabilities or implement best in class industry practices.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be passionate about providing leadership support for a diverse group of associates
* Be energized by working in an environment where collaborating on cross-functional teams is a key to success
* Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
* Infusing a better understanding and awareness of the external environment across the manufacturing operations function through benchmarking industry best in class practices, scanning the industry for trends with operational implications, participation in professional societies, etc
* Developing information sources and external relationships that allow benchmarking and easier implementation of best practices to solve problems
* Conducting research on the effectiveness of the internal operations
* Partnering with the enterprise and divisional manufacturing financial analysts to monitor and drive the appropriate actions to improve our key financial metrics
* Collaborating with enterprise and divisional teams to establish digital transformation objectives, coordinate digital initiatives for operations as appropriate and explore applicable advanced manufacturing digital technologies
* Communicating and collaborating with other functional leaders and associates within Quality Assurance, IT, Technical, etc. to share information and align on needs with cross-functional implications
* Identifying manufacturing operations opportunities for external collaboration and helping guide the decision making process for internal versus external choices
* Helping develop our capability for managing external value streams
* Providing early needs investigation and developing the business rationale for new potential projects, for use in assessing, prioritizing and managing the portfolio of divisional projects
* Driving manufacturing operations risk identification and mitigation plans
* Transferring knowledge gained through research and understanding of emerging operational issues to other associates within the function. Provide educational updates, knowledge sharing and other modes of learning to advance the knowledge of operations within the division
* Providing business analysis for functional manufacturing operations leaders as needed
* Working with functional teams to develop effective strategies and tactics to improve performance or address unmet needs
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors degree with an operations, supply chain or engineering emphasis
* Minimum of 10 years of experience working in multi-process operations
* Hands-on experience and demonstrated success applying lean manufacturing concepts
* Demonstrated track record of driving an environment of continuous improvement
* Experience in:
* Developing and managing external partnerships
* Supporting mature commercial product and early stage/new product development
* Developing effective solutions to improve business process effectiveness
* Effective planning, team-building and organization skills
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
* Ability to travel up to 20%
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Demonstrated track record of driving transformational change
* Knowledge of and experience integrating manufacturing support functions (EH&S, Facilities, Planning & Procurement, Quality, Security, Process Engineering, Contract Manufacturing)
* Experience in:
* Leveraging data and analytics, and digital solutions
* Manufacturing & operations scale-up of new business ventures
* A medical-device, regulated or automotive manufacturing environment
* Using ERP, Product Lifecycle Management and Manufacturing Execution systems
* Global Supply Chain
* Design for manufacturability
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Baltimore, Elkton, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Maryland, MD, Pennsylvania, PA, Delaware, DE, OPEX, leader, leadership, leading, change management, manager, management, managing, manufacturing, operations, operating, enterprise, business, technical, supply chain, processes, products, systems, planning, planner, continuous, improvement, flexibility, strategy, strategies, strategic, goals, productivity, efficiency, capacity, intellectual property, developing, implementing, executing, guiding, directing, communicating, promoting, tracking, measuring, metrics, objectives, results, performance