Enterprise Sales Professional- SQL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Greater South East Sales District is looking for a motivated and self-driven sales professional, focused on selling application platform solutions to our enterprise customers. The Solutions Sales Professional (SSP) should be able to drive sales of large-scale, mission critical line of business solutions with SQL Server, BizTalk Server and complementing development technologies. The successful candidate will play a key role in the virtual sales team (Account Manager, Technical Specialist, Services Executive, and Partner Team) and will exhibit excellent collaboration skills.
The primary goal for the job will be to exceed SQL Server and BizTalk Server revenue goals for the Greater South East Sales District. Tasks for the job include determining the appropriate solution to address the customer's pain, managing the opportunity sales cycle from qualification to close, sourcing opportunities to the appropriate partners and closing on a solution that is deployed to meet client needs and drive business value. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to lead and drive licensing sales process with IT leadership and procurement executives.
In addition, Solution Selling experience with Portal, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Business Intelligence solutions is also a plus. The successful candidate should have demonstrated the ability to develop and maintain CxO-level and Senior Line of Business Executive relationships with Enterprise customers, mapping IT and development solutions to business initiatives.
The successful candidate will work with the virtual sales team and Global Solution Integrators (GSIs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to identify customer problems, opportunities and requirements and to prospect, qualify and drive closing solution opportunities based on Microsoft's server products (SQL Server, BizTalk Server, Windows Server, SharePoint Server, Microsoft Dynamics) and tools (Visual Studio,MSDN).
* Extensive experience (8+ years) in selling software solutions to large enterprises - particularly Business Intelligence, Data
Warehouse and other tier 1 solutions
* 8+ years selling Application Platform solutions
* Demonstrated track level of success in selling complex solutions to large companies
* Experience with Solutions Oriented Architecture is highly desirable
* Solid understanding of Microsoft server products or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors.
* Experience in responding to and developing RFI/RFP proposals is desirable.
* Skills required include: Excellent executive communication skills, strong writing and presentation skills, a comprehensive knowledge of key partners and applications, and the ability to direct efforts of cross-functional teams.
* A BA/BS or MSdegree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline is highly desired. MBA is preferred.
* Some travel is required.
Note: No relocationbudget available.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.