Enterprise Solutions Architect 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Enterprise Solutions Architect
The solutions architect is a member of the Enterprise Architecture group, and is under the general direction of the Director of Enterprise Architecture. The focus of the solutions architect is the definition of solutions for a business problem that is in-line with the enterprise context (standards, target state architecture, etc.). Solutions will contain future state segments of information, services (or whole applications), and infrastructure architecture. The solutions architect will need to work closely with enterprise architects, business analysts, systems administrators, technology architects, information security, security operations, and developers to coordinate the solution.
The Solution Architect will have a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technical knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping product requirements and business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. The Solution Architect must have hands-on experience with the development of software products, the development and implementation of large enterprise business solutions in heterogeneous environments, and demonstrated success in integrating new solutions with legacy systems.
The Solution Architect is responsible for working with the business and technology development teams and channel architects to design solutions that are consistent within an Enterprise architecture. In that capacity, the Architect must be able to assist in high level design needed for the solution (including information, infrastructure, application, and business) and participate in the development of technically challenging portions of the solution. The Solution Architect is also challenged with maintaining a broader focus during solution design so that each solution can contribute to and share from a core service oriented architecture.
As an Information Architect, the architect will be responsible for the structural design of the shared information, shaping information products and experiences to support usability and and emerging a discipline and practice focused on bringing principles of design and architecture to the entire enterprise. The information architect should be able to assimilate and add to the existing principles of design and architecture.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science or related discipline
* 5 years consulting experience in system design and development
* Working knowledge of integration architectures (ETL, ESB)
* Working knowledge architectural patterns, technology governance, graphical modeling approaches and tools
* Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Object Oriented Design and Development (UML, OO) concepts, principles and patterns
* Strong leadership experience paired with strong virtual teaming abilities
* Strong commitment to customer service, communication and problem solving
* Outstanding negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
* Provide Global Technology guidance to system designs to various internal business groups
* Work with technology and business owners to understand business requirements and strategy related to the assigned line of business in order to design solutions for that business
* Translate cultural frames of mind and ideas about the priorities between the technology and business
LIST OF DUTIES:
* Develop a solution architecture, in collaboration with other solutions team members, that balances the goals of the business and the constraints on the project; including Enterprise strategy.
* Facilitate the development of target state architectures related to business oriented and technology oriented projects.
* Develop solutions architecture artifacts including future state application architecture and information architecture.
* Participate as a member of the design, development and integration teams, participating in strategic and tactical solutions.
* Enable cross-functional communications by modeling and vetting the future state architecture models with all participating functional organizations.
* Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture team for the creation of new referential patterns, new standards, new enterprise infrastructure, facilitate communications and feedback from cross-departmental engineering teams.
* Enable the on-boarding of new technologies into the organizations.
* Evangelize Enterprise strategies and standards.
Solutions Architecture, Information Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, ESB, ETL, Graphical Modeling (Visio, Omnigraffle, DIA), OOD, SOA Analysis, UML, Web Services