- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Enterprise Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SUMMARY/ GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
This position is responsible for the system administration and technical support of the Chugach Enterprise Management Systems. Additional duties include application web server and database administration, process development, application design, testing and implementation, systems and data analysis, documentation, data mapping, data migration, and working on project and implementation teams.
Technical Support and configurations of related and integrated systems, which include, but not limited to Microsoft, Maximo, WebSphere, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, BIRT and Crystal Reports, Mobile Computing and supporting computer systems technologies. Participate as part of a team involved in the development and/or maintenance and operation of enterprise management systems for a global organization with international business with $500-700M in revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Implements, administers, and maintains enterprise management systems to include security configurations, database management, application management, upgrades and implementation of patches and fixes.
* Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems.
* Writes and maintains system documentation.
* Develops and maintains data integration processes.
* Works as technical expert with contractors, customers, project managers, and IT team members to support and develop technical solutions to complex business problems.
* Develops specifications in accordance to security and business requirements.
* Recommends new solutions, process improvements and upgrades in alignment with strategic plans and business requirements.
* Coordinates and performs all testing of system changes with process owners.
* Assists IT Department with other support related issues as required.
* Performs other special projects and assignments as required.
* Participate in onsite support where travel may be required.
* Enterprise Management Systems development and support.
* Administration of Microsoft SQL Server databases, related tools and data management.
* Development and support of IBM Maximo.
* Business Intelligence Reporting Tools (BIRT) report development, configuration management.
* WebSphere Administration, web servers, application deployments and configuration.
* Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP integration with Enterprise Systems
* SQL Scripting language utilization.
* Crystal Reporting Business Intelligence Tools.
* Data integration and data management.
* Barcode technologies and utilization.
* Ability to multitask to provide support of multiple environments and platforms.
* Safety, quality and detail oriented.
* Works within a results driven organization as a high contributing team member.
* Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience supporting IT Enterprise Management Systems.
* Experience with the administration and support of Enterprise Level Databases.
* Experience with the administration and support of Enterprise Level Application Systems.
* Experience with Enterprise Systems support technologies and networks.
* Business Intelligence Report Development.
* Knowledge of SQL Scripting Language and SQL tools.
* Functional knowledge of Installing, configuration and deployment of Enterprise Applications.
* Successful completion of a background check.
* Bachelors degree (or higher) in Business Information Systems or equivalent experience/education.
* Extensive knowledge of IBM WebSphere experience.
* Extensive knowledge of IBM Maximo experience.
* High degree of Microsoft SQL Database Administration.
* Microsoft Systems Engineering.
* Mobile Application Computing Technologies including barcoding