Enterprise Technical Specialist - Storage / Networking, West Coast
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We make the technology that powers the world's best ideas. We are looking for driven individuals who thrive in a truly global company and culture. This is a great opportunity to join Lenovo's North American Technical Sales organization and apply your expertise, technical and leadership skills in a role that has high visibility and impact. The focus of this role is to drive storage and networking attached revenue across Lenovo's Data Center solutions portfolio. The candidate for Data Center Storage / Networking Sales Engineer will be viewed as a leader and subject matter expert. They will be required to possess a high level of technical expertise in the networking and storage product area and have a functional expertise in servers.
Guiding resolution and solving storage / networking implementation issues at client sites
* Developing and delivering technical content across broad customer & partner audiences, including collateral for internal consumption
* Acting as author for technical responses to proposal requests
* Managing success of customer proof of concepts and contributing to the development of reference architectures
* Setting up, managing, and performing customer demos
* Representing Lenovo during trade shows, exhibitions and seminars
This is a work from home role and will cover Lenovo's west coast clients. Ideal location in a major metro area in California with easy access to regional travel.
*Act as the technical subject matter expert, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all enterprise level customers. Lenovo products experience a plus.
*Architect storage / networking solutions for clients - including traditional SAN/NAS/DAS, plus converged & hyper - converged storage solutions
* Knowledge of Fiber Channel, FCoE, iSCSI technologies - engineering standards, methodologies, and best practices of storage solutions
* Strong knowledge of IP Networking layers 1 through 7, LAN switches, routers, and TCP/IP.
* Hands on experience with storage products containing features such as CDP, tiering, de-dupe, etc
* Hands on with constructs such as configuring LUNs, pools, thin provisioning, RAID, etc
* Hands on experience with Top of Rack (ToR) and embedded Ethernet Switches
Experience with VMWare (including VSAN), Linux, Windows
* Knowledge and experience with hyper-converged such as Nutanix, DataCore and other software define storage solutions
* Hands-on experience with Brocade, Juniper and/or Cisco SAN Switches and Routers
* Knowledge of public/private/hybrid cloud storage offerings
* Knowledge and experience with x86 servers and HBAs
* Strong communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
* Ability to quickly respond to urgent conditions and drive technical collaboration across internal or external storage-related needs
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple project timelines
*Proven track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.