This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Odyssey House, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMAJOR FUNCTIONS:
Maintain a working relationship with the Department of Social Service (DSS), Human Resources Administration (HRA), Veteran Affairs (VA) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to receive appropriate funding. To ensure that all funding guidelines, policies, and procedures are followed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interview new admission for SSI/HRA/VA/Support Scale eligibility.
* The reporting on STARS (LACA/transfers/discharges/program complete).
* Assist consumers to obtain replacement social security cards and/or birth certificates.
* Assist consumers with submission of SSI redetermination, SNAP recertification, Medicaid renewal, SSDI continuing disability review, and Public Assistance face-to-face in a timely manner.
* Report on WTWCMS (Welfare To Work Caseload Management System)
Daily Attendance/LACA/program complete.
* Escort consumers to various government and city agencies.
* Maintain and up-date approval and award letters from the Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Department of Social Services (DSS), the Social Security Administration (SSA), and Veteran Affairs (VA) offices
* Educate consumers regarding entitlement benefits at Re-Entry stage prior program complete. Work closely with clinical and vocational department to facilitate program complete.
* Call the Human Resources Administration to make Initial appointments for new admits for the process of benefits and Medicaid.
* Communicate on a daily basis with facilities to verify residents attend the HRA appointments Social Security Administration, etc.
* Monthly Entitlement Reports.
* o Progress Reports
* o Out of Town Reports (Yonkers, Rockland, White Plains, Westchester, Long Island)
* o Monthly/Quarterly Progress Reports
* Verification of residents Employment/Plan of Self-Support.
* Maintain a filing system in place for Clinical, Entitlement, and Medical inactive charts for 7 years.
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Associates Degree in Human Services or related field.
* Two to three years' experience in Entitlements
* Knowledgeable in the area of third-party reimbursement systems (SSA, HRA, VA, ACS)
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
* Must possess and demonstrate good problem solving skills