Entry-Level Applications Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMinimum Degree Required
See Requirements Below
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim's Launch Program offers graduates and new talent within the industry the opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience within an innovative, global company.
New hires can expect:
The opportunity to own projects and make an impact at a 8,000+ employee company
Exposure to executive leadership, up to, and including, the CEO
Competitive total rewards package: base + bonus, stock options (for eligible positions), comprehensive benefits package, 401(k) with company contributions and immediate vesting, and generous time-off policy (17 vacation days and paid holidays)
Educational assistance programs
Employee discounts at local businesses: gym memberships, cell phone service, entertainment, and more
Company-sponsored sports leagues, community activities and races
Maxim is seeking several Entry-Level Applications Engineers to support our various product lines at locations nationwide. Possible locations include: San Jose, CA (Headquarters); Portland, OR; Co Springs, CO; Chandler, AZ; Chelmsford, MA; Dallas, TX; Austin, TX; Brighton, MI.
Engineers qualifying for this position will be responsible for supporting the development of ICs within one or more of our business units: Automotive, Cloud & Data, Mobile Solutions, Industrial & Medical, Micros & Security, Core Products, or Advanced Research & Development.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Providing technical support to key customers
Designing evaluation kits for new products including PCB design, firmware development, PC-based GUI development
Creating custom board-level designs for our customers
Writing application notes
Evaluating and documenting new products
Defining and helping to develop new products and architectures
This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the best circuit designers in the industry armed with the tools, knowledge, and technologies of the leader in power management electronics.
Specific Responsibilities will include some or all of these:
1. New product evaluation. Hands-on lab work, both as an individual and with a team, is required to verify the performance of a specific circuit etc. Prepare evaluation reports and other supporting documentation. Understanding system and circuit design is essential.
2. Development of application literature. Create data sheets, lab reports, and application notes that help the customer effectively use Maxim s products.
3. Application circuit development. There is frequent need to develop new application circuits and reference designs. These circuits address customer/market application problems and can be quite involved.
4. Customer support tasks. Address problems associated with bringing Maxim s products into volume production in the customer s product. This could be described as doing whatever is necessary to secure a design win or sustain the business. Such tasks include, but are not confined to, direct customer support, securing samples, driving business management to improve delivery times, answering questions brought up by the business management group, helping out the failure analysis and quality groups when they have problems or questions.
* Bachelor s or Master s degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred; Computer Engineering and Software Engineering are applicable to some positions
* Understanding of transistor-level circuit design
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong knowledge of electrical/computer/software engineering fundamentals
* Strong analytical skills
* Digital and software design skills
* Understanding of circuit simulation tools and techniques and/or software development tools and techniques
* Hands-on experience with lab equipment (i.e., oscilloscope, electronic-load, DAQ)
* Experience debugging circuits
* Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
* Can work both independently and with a cross-functional team
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available