Entry Level Civil / Water Resources Engineer 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder is seeking a highly motivated Civil / Water Resources Engineer to join our Water Resources Team in Cambridge, MA.
Our Cambridge, MA office has an excellent career opportunity for an entry level engineer (1 -3 years' experience) in our Eastern Massachusetts Water Resources Team.
We offer a full range of planning, design, permitting, and construction phase services across the water and wastewater industry, including:
* water supply planning,
* water storage and transmission,
* water treatment and distribution,
* water quality management planning
* stormwater management planning and design, and
* wastewater collection, conveyance, treatment and disposal.
Successful candidates will use their technical abilities to assist in the design and construction of primarily municipal facilities in a dynamic team setting.
* Participating on project teams in the planning, design and construction administration of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure facilities.
* Interacting and project coordinating with multidiscipline teams including sub-contractors.
* Assisting in work activities and communicating with various municipality, utility and governmental regulating agencies.
* Infrastructure design services including:
* Procuring and coordinating subcontracts for surveying and other specialty services
* Coordinating acquisition of utility information
* Supporting the development of design concepts and criteria for storage facilities improvements
* Hydraulic, civil and environmental design of water and wastewater infrastructure
* Preparation of contract documents including plans and specifications
* Preparation of permit and approval applications
* Bid phase services
* Design services during construction
The ideal candidate will have:
* B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering
* successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
* Prior intern or co-op engineering consulting experience with water experience complimented by roadway, drainage or H&H experience
* Experience with AutoCAD required
* Must be detail oriented
Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)