Entry - Level Database Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONequal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Database Analyst maintains databases by planning, monitoring, ensuring security, and improving performance. Designs, models and implements database analysis/management /warehousing activities. Programs and configures databases and provides support to end users. Responsible for verifying data accuracy, implementing business rules and supporting the data warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
* Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
* Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Serves as organization administrator for specific databases and software.
High School Diploma or equivalent
2 Year Computer Science or Information Technology Degree with emphasis in database administration (preferred)
Bachelor's in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field (preferred)
* Technical capacity
* Database management
* Data maintenance and performance tuning
* Decision making
* Problem solving
* Logic and analytics
* Process improvement
* Requirements analysis
* Database security
* Developing standards
* Operating systems
* Report writing
* Attention to detail
* Personal effectiveness/ credibility
* Collaboration skills
* Communication proficiency
* Ability to multi-task
* Strong organizational skills
* Knowledge and experience with different types of databases and database design structures
* Knowledge of server and network security practices (preferred)
* Working knowledge of Active Directory, virtual technologies, disaster recovery procedures and monitoring tools.
* Ability to export, import, clean, transform, validate or model data into various formats for end client use
Other Requirements: Unrestricted use of personal, dependable transportation and valid driver's license and meet driving requirements of insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
* Austin, TX
* High school or equivalent
* Database Administration: 1year
* SQL: 1year
* Database Management: 1year