Entry Level Datacom Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Will be progressively trained to: evaluate, design, implement, and maintain existing and new Data Communications systems and services. Prepare detailed specifications, flowcharts, diagrams, and documentation for telecommunication s systems. Monitor the operation of telecommunications systems and interface with vendors as needed. Works with the Data Security department to ensure security policies are in place on the Internetwork infrastructure.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Will progressively learn to: Support Securitas MPLS Network includes WAN connectivity between EOC and WOC, new field office installations, Ethernet conversions and relocations as needed. Also maintain optimum router configurations for QoS, backup connections and web filtering options. Proactively respond to alerts when sites go down.
* Support Securitas Virtual Private Network this includes installing, monitoring and troubleshooting of VPN hardware and software connections through Checkpoint Smart Center, Provisioning and various in-house tools.
* Support Securitas Solutions client sites maintain Internet connectivity (DSL/Wireless) and firewall configurations as needed per site requirements.
* Support Securitas RVS client sites coordinates installations with integrators, receives and configures equipment, maintains and monitors video recorders and cameras through Milestone management software & provides ongoing support. Also manages and maintains Internet connections, VPN and Check Point firewall policies as needed per customer requirements.
* Execute financial transmissions according to daily, weekly and monthly schedules.
* Execute Help Desk tickets in support of all data requirements for the Operation s Centers and remote field offices.
* Monitor and execute ASR requests in the Datacom queue.
* Support Cisco routers and switches associated with WAN links (MPLS, Internet, etc )
* Ensure Securitas offices are utilizing the appropriate Securitas WAN standard products in the field.
* Interface with communication s service providers, equipment vendors to order new services, track installations, and ensure WAN is performing optimally.
* Create and update documentation for Securitas WAN including network diagrams, databases, etc
* Maintain up-to-date firmware/software/maintenance releases.
* Monitor network performance and make recommendations to improve resource availability.
* Provide 24/7 on call availability.
* Support Internet Domain Name structure in conjunction with Internet provider.
* Provide configuration, administration and support tasks associated with Checkpoint Firewall and policies.
* Provide WAN representation and guidance within Securitas projects.
* Interface with voice telecommunications personal in support of hardware, services, and vendors as needed.
* Prepare, monitor, and manage projects and project plans.
* Travel to remote field offices to provide technical assistance with their data communications needs as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
* Bachelor s Degree in Telecommunications or Data Communications or educational equivalent
* Bachelor s Degree in Telecommunication or Data Communication or educational equivalent
* Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA preferred
* Check Point Certified Systems Administrator CCSA preferred
* Experience with Cisco networking equipment (routers and switches) preferred
* Experience with voice and data telecommunications services preferred
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* Ability to write technical documentation
* Ability to organize and perform job duties within a constantly changing environment
* Ability to interact with and oversee vendors
* Ability to write a project plan and manage the project to satisfactory completion
* Ability to analyze data and services and make appropriate recommendations to improve service/reduce cost
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Computer usage.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Frequent sitting.
* Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Work primarily performed in an office environment.