Entry Level Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 2/11/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
ARCADIS is searching for an Entry Level Electrical Engineer, with an interest in designing electrical systems for water / wastewater facilities and other industrial facilities to join our Water Business Line team in our White Plains, NY office.
Primary focus of this role will be to provide technical and design consulting services with a focus on electrical power distribution, lighting, communications, and fire protection designs to support projects for the Water Division and Environmental Division teams. Electrical Engineer will report to Project Manager or Sr. Engineer.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Will work on the electrical design and coordination of various projects, involving industrial, municipal projects with an emphasis on water and wastewater treatment plant related buildings, industrial facilities, and associated electrical systems, as well as the analysis of existing facilities.
* Responsibilities will include establishing design criteria, performing design calculations, developing one line diagrams, control schematics, plans and specifications.
* Experience using ETAP, SKM Power Tools or other power systems analysis software.
* Design work will require a basic proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD, specifically concerning as mentioned electrical systems for Engineering Design and Construction projects.
* Will review manufacturer information to assure compliance with specifications.
* Will gradually become more involved with cost estimating, code review, field investigation, report and memo writing and other similar electrical engineering related tasks.
* Will also be responsible for providing engineering services during construction, including reviewing equipment submittals, shop drawings and responding to contractor RFI s (request for information).
* Position requires engineer to be performance-driven, team-oriented and client-focused with strong written/verbal communication skills and an impressive work ethic.
* Must have a strong educational background and the ability to work productively and cooperatively in a team environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, or a closely related field of study.
* EIT or ability to obtain EIT within one (1) year from date of hire.
* Basic understanding and proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project and Outlook).
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
ARCADIS U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Basic knowledge of power, power distribution, motor control, block diagrams, and variable frequency drives.
* Basic understand of electrical codes and NFPA standards.
* Knowledge of Instrumentation, PLC controls and SCADA network architecture.
* Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.
Engineering - Electrical
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.