Entry-Level Environmental Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Environmental Business Line of Arcadis is seeking a detail oriented, well organized, dependable Environmental Scientist to join our world class firm in Cranbury, NJ. This entry level full-time position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Assisting in the preparation of qualitative and quantitative human health and ecological risk assessments, including managing and evaluating the quality of environmental data; statistical data analysis; identification of toxicity benchmarks; screening data against toxicity benchmarks; fate, transport, and exposure modeling; risk assessment calculations; and calculation of preliminary remediation goals;
* Assisting in the preparation of environmental permits;
* Assisting in NJ regulatory compliance activities, such as data quality assessment/usability evaluations, alternative soil remediation standard calculations, site-specific impact-to-groundwater standard development, background evaluations, and compliance averaging.
* Data management, including lab data entry, verification, evaluation of data and preparing periodic status reports.
* Field sampling of environmental media, such as soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, indoor air, or biota;
* Oversight of drilling operations (e.g., soil borings, soil gas sampling point installation)
* Assisting with writing and preparing technical reports, work plans, letters, and memoranda
* Conducting project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.)
* Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and may include local travel (state-wide) for extended periods. Regional travel (US) may be an option, but not required. This position is expected to be in the field
* BS in chemistry, toxicology, or related field
* Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
* Ability to prepare technical documents
* Excellent written communication skills and strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Multi-tasking skills, efficient time management, and the flexibility required to support different project managers concurrently.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
ARCADIS U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* MS in chemistry, toxicology or related field
* Knowledge of statistical software
* 40 Hour Hazwoper
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.