- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer
Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with 0-2 years' experience to join us in our Cambridge MA office.
Skills required for this position include:
* strong verbal and written communication skills,
* the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively, and
* a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment.
A can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset is essential.
The candidate should have at a minimum, experience in, or the ability to readily learn, all basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
* organization and performance of the field explorations,
* assignment of the appropriate lab testing,
* performance of the associated engineering analyses under the PE's guidance,
* preparation of the geotechnical report, and
* ability to work with design teams to incorporate geotechnical aspects into site designs.
The candidate should also demonstrate experience with, or the ability to readily learn earthwork and foundation construction observation.
Experience with CAD is strongly desired. Experience with gINT, Lpile, and SlopeW software is preferred.
A BS in Civil Engineering with EIT is required and MS in geotechnical Engineering is preferred. OSHA 40 hour Hazwoper training is a plus.
Travel to project sites and other Kleinfelder offices is required.
Overnight travel for drilling and construction observation assignments should be expected for about 50 percent of the applicant's time. The Cambridge office offers a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)