Entry-Level IC Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 5/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMinimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Entry-Level (0+ years exp)
Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley with over two billion dollars in sales and more than 7,000 employees, Maxim Integrated is a worldwide leader in designing, manufacturing and selling high-performance semiconductor products. We invent highly integrated solutions that make technology seamless. We channel our collective expertise to stretch the limits of technology, understand our customers' needs, and help our customers get to market faster. We also know that it's our people who make us a great company so we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement.
Maxim is seeking several entry-level IC design engineers to define, design, model, and implement analog, mixed-signal, and/or digital integrated circuits (IC's). As an IC design engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on technology for products in exciting industries such as Automotive, Mobile, Cloud & Data, Industrial, Healthcare, and Micros & Security.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Design activities including research, definition, design, simulation, layout verification, characterization, and release to production of integrated circuits
* Supporting product definition teams to develop product requirements and specifications
* Analyzing and developing chip architectures to meet required compliance and performance
* Creating transistor level analog circuit designs
* Verifying designs using circuit-level and behavioral-level simulators
* Supervising circuit layout
* Authoring system architecture and circuit documentation
* Defining system and block level test plans
* Characterizing and validating circuit performance in the lab
* Providing support for high volume manufacturing, and working with Product and Test teams to transfer ICs to production
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
* Understanding of transistor-level circuit design
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
* Research related to IC design
* Hands-on IC design experience
* Superior analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in teams and collaborate cross functionally
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer