Entry-Level Mainframe Developer 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the world continues to rely on the unmatched stability and consistency of the mainframe to support business-critical applications, Compuware provides the software, experts and best practices to ensure those applications work well and deliver value. For organizations that need to optimize developer productivity, reduce costs and improve service quality throughout the application life cycle, Compuware s industry-leading mainframe solutions help them: understand code, optimize test data, test and debug, pinpoint problems, validate quality, and tune applications and performance.
We are unlike any 40-year-old software company you've ever seen; we are nimble, fast and obsessed with excellence and continuous improvement. The company's ongoing success depends on our employees--a diverse team of people with a set of key, common attributes. We seek positive, high-energy, innovative and assertive team players who have a strong desire to succeed in a team- and customer-oriented environment.
As an entry-level software developer you are not far from your college graduation with less than five years of industry experience. You have a passion to create software that will impact people around the world. Joining a development team at Compuware will give you opportunity to work alongside some industry leading experts, develop market leading products, learn how to succeed in an agile development environment and be part of the most innovative mainframe software company in the world. Your enthusiasm for creating software paired with the power of software running at Fortune 500 companies around the world will continue to revolutionize application development across the globe.
* Design, develop, code, test, debug, document and install programs for large-scale or high volume transactions requiring MVS and/or OS/390 operating systems
* Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts
* Develop programs in languages, Tools and Databases such as COBOL, PL/1, CICS, and DB2
* Understand business, technical, and program requirements
* Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems, taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results
* Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle
* Supply time estimates related to programming efforts
* Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
* Test, debug, support and maintain application programs for customers in a variety of business areas and environments
* Perform additional duties as required
* Recently graduated with strong academic standing; coursework around software development, computer networks, and database systems preferred
* Possesses less than 5 years of professional work experience
* Knowledge of and experienced in one or more programming languages (java, C++, etc.)
* Knowledge of software design and implementation
* Knowledge of relational database principles and/or experience in database design
* Familiarity with Information Management methodology
* Good working knowledge of project management concepts
* Ability to work effectively within a diverse team
* Ability to communicate with users
* Strong problem solving and analytical ability
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to explain complex technical terms and systems to others
* Excellent customer facing skills
* Good presentation skills to keep customer up to date with how projects are progressing
* Interest in and understanding of the latest advances in technology
Compuware empowers the world's largest companies to excel in the digital economy by fully leveraging their high-value mainframe intellectual property. We do this by delivering highly innovative mainframe application development and performance optimization solutions that uniquely enable IT to drive business value.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Sick Days and a company matching 401(k) Plan. We are an EOE -Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.