Entry Level Sales Broker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis Entry Level Sales position will receive training to enter into either our Carrier Development Specialist or Brokerage Salesperson positions. This program would typically last 3-6 months before you would move into the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Learn how the NFI Brokerage operations work in regards to moving freight.
* Learn about basic modes of transport - Full Truckload, LTL, Intermodal
* Learn the fundamental aspects of NFI Transportation Management System (TMS) including load entry, tracking, and dispatch.
* Work with assigned salesperson in an operational capacity to begin to understand basics of brokering freight to customers and carriers.
* Work with Customer Sales force to effectively move each order through the systems in a cost effective and efficient method with a focus on a high level of customer service.
* Speak with Clients on behalf of NFI to confirm details about shipping requirements
* Speak with drivers on behalf of the carrier dispatcher to help ensure the NFI level of customer service is maintain with each brokered load.
* Use system tools and effective communication methods (E-mail, phone, fax)
* Recent college graduate (prefer with a degree in Business) other degrees will be considered
* 0 - 2 years of an internship or logistics experience. Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic.
* Self-motivated, results focused sales and customer service orientation.
* Strong negotiation and relationship building skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy.
* Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)
* Professional demeanor and self-confidence and positive attitude.
* Customer-focused team player.
Family owned and operated since 1932, NFI Industries is an industry leader in logistics, transportation, and distribution services. We deliver unique and progressive solutions, service, and relationships to each of our clients across the globe.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and get rewarded for your performance? NFI is committed to you!
* Career advancement opportunities
* Entrepreneurial, innovative, energized atmosphere
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, and life insurance coverage
* Paid vacation and holidays
* We invest in you - ongoing training and development